• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA FYI - Liberty VMT skis on sale for $199 w/ free ship. Good sizes.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Finally got bindings on mine, went with Marker Griffons after a lot of thought about brake widths. Found my concerns were unfounded, the 90mm width tucks up fine and dandy. And of course we're going to get slammed with snow in the Poconos and I'm committed to working this week...:doh:

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
First impressions.

They are really lively and reactive so they don’t like firm old lumpy stuff that my rally’s, Titans or dps 82’s would cope with a little better. But loose snow on groomed and afternoon piles of loose stuff feel almost non-existent. Fresh corduroy is nothing but grins. I had a World Cup tune with a 1/3 done on them and I’m dragging knuckles.

They really love tight turns, they prefer to be high on edge and driven, at least the 179cm with my 185 lbs on them. They feel like a lightly detuned, looser radius SL ski.

Overall, they far exceeded my expectations for $215 to my door. $140 on some wardens and $50 on the tune. $400 all in is a steal for this much ski.

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier
For $199 the Liberry Evolve 90's are probably one of the best ski deals I have ever come across. My E100's will still be my daily driver, but the Evolves are definitely my new ice/hard/hard pack ski. They absolutely carve when you get them on edge. Not overly playful, but quick edge to edge and easy to throw around. Probably would be a good travel ski since I think they would play nice with up to 6" or so of fresh. Overall, I more than happy with these.

P.S. - They definitely ski short. If you are in between sizes, I highly recommend sizing up.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
tried out my V76s today....definitely going in for a grind. They felt "planky" and hard to get off the edges. I'll see what they feel like in another week or two (avoiding the Presidents week crowds...)

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
tried out my V76s today....definitely going in for a grind. They felt "planky" and hard to get off the edges. I'll see what they feel like in another week or two (avoiding the Presidents week crowds...)
This was my feeling too. Locked in the turn with a tail really hard to release. I thought that it’s because I am used to wider skis with a freeride oriented shape.

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
FWIW, I don't think the Evolv90s "ski short", but that judgement depends entirely on what skis you're comparing them too. The 179s ski longer than my 184 Moment Deathwish, about the same as my 187 Atomic Alibis, and just a bit shorter than my 188 Black Crows Corvus.

Mine came a bit base high with an inconsistent bevel in the tails. Got them tuned last week -- but then it started dumping a lot of snow!

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

This was my feeling too. Locked in the turn with a tail really hard to release. I thought that it’s because I am used to wider skis with a freeride oriented shape.

Same here. They felt like they didn't really want to turn that well. I had them tuned before I skied them, so maybe that was the issue? I bought these as a back up pair to ski in case my kid wants to use my regular pair of east coast skis (he only has west coast skis), so I'm not really concerned about it. Maybe they just need some, uh, breaking in.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
My current daily drivers are older Fischer AMC 79 skis, which have much less pronounced flair at the tips and tails. When I got a pair of Fischer Motive 95s, I found the tails "locked in" a bit. A little detuning of the tails, about 1/4" at a time got them to my liking. I knew these Liberty's had a little bit of concave to the bottom, I figured I would try them out before I had them ground. I'm having them left sharp so I can detune them similar to my current skis, so that I can repeat the process as necessary. I'll be sure to bring a stone with me the next time I'm on them.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Perfect binding color match. Nice job!
Thanks...You nailed it Scotty, Look SPX12 (Yellow toe/Khaki heel) on Kastles...No plate flatty's the way I like them. (A few others in quiver with plates).

Release retention by Look is my lifetime favorite. LOL...Search hard for a Look Kastle combo and It's ME! (Pivots next time)
20210209_134530.jpg

Last edited:

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Guessing you are looking for new, flat, and similar price to STP? Otherwise there's a demo pair in Maine for $399.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Have fallen in love with my V76 as an all rounder. Medium to small radius turns, bang! Trees and bumps, sure! Sudden 10' powder day, good enough. I can make tracks and drag knuckles all day long on them. Not as refined as a Head or Stockli, but just energetic and snappy with more grip than my Rally's.

Have had them in all kinds of conditions and terrain and my 179 V76 is just silly fun for the 400-550' bumps in Michigan and I'll likely make it my narrow travel ski.

FWIW, I'm a 185lb, 6' beer league racer and they work great in 179. For an intermediate my size, the 172 would be more appropriate.

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
Have fallen in love with my V76 as an all rounder. Medium to small radius turns, bang! Trees and bumps, sure! Sudden 10' powder day, good enough. I can make tracks and drag knuckles all day long on them. Not as refined as a Head or Stöckli, but just energetic and snappy with more grip than my Rally's.

Have had them in all kinds of conditions and terrain and my 179 V76 is just silly fun for the 400-550' bumps in Michigan and I'll likely make it my narrow travel ski.

FWIW, I'm a 185lb, 6' beer league racer and they work great in 179. For an intermediate my size, the 172 would be more appropriate.
I am 5’9 160lbs, better than intermediate but far from someone with a racing background, used to wider ski with a freeride shape in 180-184cm and in 172cm I found these skis super long for me. Dont know if it’s because the mount point is further back than in my other skis... I sold them because I don’t feel the need for something this narrow but I think I would have prefer a size down.

Last edited:

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Have fallen in love with my V76 as an all rounder. Medium to small radius turns, bang! Trees and bumps, sure! Sudden 10' powder day, good enough. I can make tracks and drag knuckles all day long on them. Not as refined as a Head or Stöckli, but just energetic and snappy with more grip than my Rally's.

I cannot agree more. I just used them for the first time upstate NY and they were so much fun, both lively and solid on groomers. I usually don't buy skis without demoing but the price was right and they ended up delivering above and beyond the $300 I ended up paying for the whole ready-to-ski setup. A bright light in an otherwise frustrating season for me (not traveling west as usual).

Sponsor

Staff online