• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA FYI - Liberty VMT skis on sale for $199 w/ free ship. Good sizes.

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier
You can find them fairly easily for about 30% below MSRP here in CO, bur this 60% off sale is about as good as it gets. I got my wife some Liberty V80s at the same sale last year for $199.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
On the V76s, they have 4 listings for them. I'm assuming the photos are stock ones, can anyone tell me the differences? (besides lengths...I'm looking at a 172)

TrueNorth

Getting on the lift
Skier
Not going to name any names since the person in question really doesn’t need more skis, but if said person thinks 180cm is the perfect length for the Brahma and Bonafide, should that person choose the 179 or 186 length for the Evolv 90?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
thats Vertical Metal Technology (VMT), its a vertical layer, the OG 2019 has 2, the newer, 3. The addition does make the ski a bit stiffer, especially in the tip but its not huge difference.

northwskier

Falling off the lift
Skier
On the V76s, they have 4 listings for them. I'm assuming the photos are stock ones, can anyone tell me the differences? (besides lengths...I'm looking at a 172)
I was wondering the same, and what year model each of these listings is...
Pretty temped to order some Evolv 90 at only $199.

Kbord

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
First time poster here but long time lurker. I’m so glad I saw this thread. I just bought a pair of the v82s at my local shop and love them. I know it’s not much bigger but couldn’t pass up the evolv 90. At that price I don’t mind some overlap so thank you for sharing. Though my wallet doesn’t as I’m also about to get a jacket from them too now

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks jmeb. I just ordered my kid a pair of V72's, even though he swears he doesn't need an "east coast" ski and 100 underfoot is fine for icy groomers. Idiot.

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was wondering the same, and what year model each of these listings is...
Pretty temped to order some Evolv 90 at only $199.
They all have different stock numbers, so maybe they're different. I looked on Liberty's website and matched the pic of the 2020 V72's with the pic on the Sierra page. We'll see what shows up. Honestly, at that price I don't really care. 2019. 2020. It's all good. Actually, 2020 pretty much sucked. Nevermind.

northwskier

Falling off the lift
Skier
I almost pulled the trigger on the Evolv 90... any quality concerns? Are they $199 skis, or a high quality ski on sale?

I thought they were made in Colorado but they are Designed in Colorado and Made in China.

Threads like this with quality issues concern me, but it is from 4 years ago:

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier
Liberty are some of the better (but not best) made skis you will find. Absolutely nothing to worry about. This is just a sale Sierra has a couple of times a year to clear skis out. Based on previous sales, don't be surprised if prices go back up tomorrow. Maybe not, but I have missed out with their one day sales before.

Last edited:

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I am curious to know how many skis liberty sell at more than 50% of the retail price.
There is always a deal on these skis and this kills their maket value.
That is their market value.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
So, are the V82's a good groomer zoomer ski for the west? I'm a Powder Mountain pass holder so even the worst of conditions are still pretty good (all natural snow). I'm not looking for a true all-mountain ride as I have Fischer Motive 95 (186cm) and Fischer Ranger Ti 98 (188cm) for that part of the quiver. I want something that is fun when it hasn't snowed for a while, yet not overly demanding. 51 y/o, expert/advanced, not aggressive anymore, good technique (more finesse than power), added WAY too much weight due to COVID (215 lb.). Thinking 186 in them.

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
Yes, the V82 is a great ski. The 186 if you are solid on your technique and want a more GS type feel, otherwise the 179 works for most folks and is a bit more forgiving and easier to ski. Also look at the Evolv 84 if you want a bit more all mountain versatility with an on-piste bias.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
Good gift for daughter. What do you think is the diff between the v82 and v82w ?

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
First time poster here but long time lurker. I’m so glad I saw this thread. I just bought a pair of the v82s at my local shop and love them. I know it’s not much bigger but couldn’t pass up the evolv 90. At that price I don’t mind some overlap so thank you for sharing. Though my wallet doesn’t as I’m also about to get a jacket from them too now

there is no overlap between a V82 and a Evolv90.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I did.
The Evolv90s in 179.
You're a really bad influence :decisions:

I resemble that remark... Dont forget the Evovl84. The Evolv84 has a less rocker and is more on-piste focused but gives up very little in stability on crud but gains in quickness in bumps and edge-to-edge on the groomed

Sponsor