• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA FYI - Liberty VMT skis on sale for $199 w/ free ship. Good sizes.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
softer core.
should be. I wonder how noticeable or necessary that is. This girl is 25 yo , 5-10 and physically strong. How many women actually ski ‘women’s skis’?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
if she typically ski's "mens" skis, then buy the mens. I have been a long time anti-women's-ski person. I understand some women do prefer softer cores and different graphics but there are many women who need a "regular" core. Conversely, there are many smaller men who benefit from a higher, softer core. its not a measure of ability (for the most part)

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
So, are the V82's a good groomer zoomer ski for the west? I'm a Powder Mountain pass holder so even the worst of conditions are still pretty good (all natural snow). I'm not looking for a true all-mountain ride as I have Fischer Motive 95 (186cm) and Fischer Ranger Ti 98 (188cm) for that part of the quiver. I want something that is fun when it hasn't snowed for a while, yet not overly demanding. 51 y/o, expert/advanced, not aggressive anymore, good technique (more finesse than power), added WAY too much weight due to COVID (215 lb.). Thinking 186 in them.

Bingo! for anywhere. so, theres too much looking at the ski's waist width and saying its a western or eastern ski. My every day ski is 77, I tune it with a .7 : 3 and it bites hardback and glides through soft snow. there is no penalty for a aggressive tune as long as you can work your edge pressure. Yes, 186 for you.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Luckily, there are no Evolv 100s in 186, so I'm 200 bucks richer!

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
should be. I wonder how noticeable or necessary that is. This girl is 25 yo , 5-10 and physically strong. How many women actually ski ‘women’s skis’?

Liberty is not a brand that dumbs down women's skis. Yes, they use a slightly softer core, but I think this is more to keep the flex profile consistent to the men's in shorter lengths. If they had the same core in a 180 and a 160 ski, the 160 would ski like a 2x4 with sidecut. I am a female that often prefers men's models (especially in the frontside category), however I was perfectly comfortable on the Liberty's that I've tried thus far. That being said...at 5'10" there's a good chance she'll prefer the longer lengths that the men's ski offers.

Kbord

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
there is no overlap between a V82 and a Evolv90.
I just meant they’re pretty close to width under foot not application. I really wanted the 100 for more separation but they only have the 172 left. Has anyone skied the origin pro? They have me intrigued.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
V76 in a 165 too long for me? 5'5" 125 lbs. advanced skier who skis a 165 in a Nordica Santa Ana 88. Finesse skier vs. power and speed. I'm kind of thinking I'd want a 76 under foot a tad shorter, especially in a "unisex" ski.

ETA I see the V82W in a 158 or 165.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I just meant they’re pretty close to width under foot not application. I really wanted the 100 for more separation but they only have the 172 left. Has anyone skied the origin pro? They have me intrigued.

I have demoed all of them and the eVolv 90 was my favorite. More than the 100.

Kbord

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I can’t wait to get on it as I really do like the v82 and have read great things about the evolv 90. I never see any on the hill and I think these are awesome. I could ski all liberty and be happy honestly.

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
If they made the Evolv90 shape with the VMT core I would be out $200. The V92 shape is just a little too piste-y for me.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I resemble that remark... Dont forget the Evovl84. The Evolv84 has a less rocker and is more on-piste focused but gives up very little in stability on crud but gains in quickness in bumps and edge-to-edge on the groomed
Dude, what do I need those for? You just talked me into buying the V76s and the Evolv90s!
Are you a shareholder? :duck:

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
I blame @Ron for tempting me into buying a pair of Evolv90s.
Then again, how often can you buy a pair of new skis for less than the price of a day pass at Vail or Aspen?
That was my rationalization, anyway.

Sponsor

Staff online