• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA FYI - Liberty VMT skis on sale for $199 w/ free ship. Good sizes.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
You definitely don't need to spend $200 on good bindings, especially if you don't need tech or gripwalk soles. Check Corbetts (prices are in Canadian dollars and they ship to U.S. for free), they have attack 13 for $120 delivered. And you should be able to get them mounted for $50. You should easily be able to buy these skis from STP and mount them with good bindings under $400 total.
Thanks

Last edited:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Well...shit.

I forgot when I order skis from STP they show up inside of 48hrs. Delivery tomorrow. May have to pull some bindings and mount tomorrow night.
Same here. Mine are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Lucky me, my Personal Shop Tech (husband) is working at the shop tomorrow night. A nice tune followed by mounting bindings and hopefully I can get mine on snow by Sunday :ogbiggrin:

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Same here. Mine are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Lucky me, my Personal Shop Tech (husband) is working at the shop tomorrow night. A nice tune followed by mounting bindings and hopefully I can get mine on snow by Sunday :ogbiggrin:

I'll be honest...I'm probably gonna slap on some Tyrolia Peak 15s I have laying in the garage tonight and ski'em right out of the wrapper assuming the true bar doesn't turn up anything too heinous. The bindings have some mileage on them but since the mount pattern is the same as newer Attacks -- I can always pull them to upgrade.

EDIT: This practice is not PugSki approved. Get your bindings released tested after every mount, don't mount your own bindings unless....you do, don't ski skis fresh out of the wrapper without a full tune (unless, you do). I ski bad so it doesn't really matter ;).

Last edited:

Nelliefj40

Putting on skis
Skier
Need these like a hold in the head but considering anyway. What is the difference between the two v76s? Thanks!

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great deals, but I already bought some skis this season to fill out my quiver. I'll keep this in mind next season though...

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
For the V82's, are Look Pivot 14 "Forza" color going to look good or clash? Life is too short to be using mis-matched equipment! I think they'll look great but haven't seen either item in person.
@Philpug ?

Forza's and 90's... well, not so much.

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
LOL, well I have seen plenty of new Liberty's and they are just like every other new ski I get and setup for testing... They ALL need to be tuned. Liberty's are far from the worst though. I can take a liberty and ski it out of the wrapper but there's one "premium" ski I shall not name is notoriously poor. The only new ski I have ever seen that was perfect was an Augment. Otherwise, all ski's need a "new ski tune" which includes checking the bases (almost always requires flattening) and cleaning up the edges. Of course, all new skis need at least a couple coats of wax too.
Ok, so educate me here. What does "flattening" the base mean? Is that the same thing as a base grind?
What does "cleaning up the edges" mean? Does that just mean doing a standard edge sharpening? I hate to be a dumb ass, but I want to be as specific as possible when I take them in. I don't talk "tech talk" and I want to be sure that I'm getting done exactly what needs to be serviced.

Thanks much

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Ok, so educate me here. What does "flattening" the base mean? Is that the same thing as a base grind?
What does "cleaning up the edges" mean? Does that just mean doing a standard edge sharpening? I hate to be a dumb ass, but I want to be as specific as possible when I take them in. I don't talk "tech talk" and I want to be sure that I'm getting done exactly what needs to be serviced.

Thanks much

Most shops have a new ski prep. they should be ensuring the bases are flat, Each ski manufacturer sets a 'factory tune" for the base edge and side edge, for soft snow, generally speaking, most people are fine with a 1 base, 2 edge, (I prefer a 1:3 or .70:3) but most people don't even know what their skis are when new. I would ask them to "detune" down to the contact point. That means, knocking off the sharp edges at the tips and tails. . Its not really necessary on a 2 edge. New Ski's also need a coat of hot wax. I recommend a base coat of cold temp wax with a second coat of all purpose temp wax.

So, you can ask your shop if they offer a new ski prep package and what that entails. Let me know if you need more info, I am more than happy to help. We understand not all live in our very small world. :).

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Well, mine FINALLY actually shipped, 3 days after ordering. Initial "delivery date" was yesterday, but the tracking always only said "label generated" until yesterday. Delivery now Thursday. I guess they may be busy...LOL

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Label generated means its ready to roll. At that point, it hasn't been picked up by the carrier (shipping co)

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, mine FINALLY actually shipped, 3 days after ordering. Initial "delivery date" was yesterday, but the tracking always only said "label generated" until yesterday. Delivery now Thursday. I guess they may be busy...LOL
Same happened to me. And guess what? We’re finally supposed to see significant snow next Friday.
Everyone can thank me later. :ogbiggrin:

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier
The winds we were getting in CO were crushing Cheyenne as well. A buddy who works at UPS said no FedEX or UPS trucks moved up there for two days. I guess there were cars and semis blown off the road all over I-80 and I-25 up there.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I had the same experience. But there was a long skinny box on my porch tonight :)

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Would the Liberty V76 be good for the East Coast? And by East Coast I mean NY State, not even VT. I'm an advanced skier usually flying west, but this year I have to make the most of my home state.