• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA FYI - Liberty VMT skis on sale for $199 w/ free ship. Good sizes.

bremmick

Booting up
Skier
What is the sizing like on these Evolv 90's? If I predominately am skiing longer, Enforcer 104 FR in 186, 4frnt MSP 99 in 189, is the 179 Evolv 90 the ski? Or too short?

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
What is the sizing like on these Evolv 90's? If I predominately am skiing longer, Enforcer 104 FR in 186, 4frnt MSP 99 in 189, is the 179 Evolv 90 the ski? Or too short?

No experience on them yet, but I downsized from my typical to 179 on Evolv90s since they are going to be a primarily harder-snow and bumps ski. I've seen the Evolv100 in person a good bit and assuming it has a similar rocker profile to the 90, I bet the running length on the 179 is longer than my 184 Deathwish, 187 Atomic Alibi, and 188 BC Corvus.

Oh, and cause @Ron told me to.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
yep, all of that is true! ^^^^^

Liberty's ski much more traditionally, they are not slarvy, soft ski's with a lot of rocker. Thats why I love em'.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Harder snow? I thought they were sort of a playful all-mountain/powder/crud ski.

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Harder snow? I thought they were sort of a playful all-mountain/powder/crud ski.

It's all relative. I don't have a true hard snow ski. Like many in CO (and not many on this forum) a 90mm will be the narrowest in my quiver. My playful all-mountain/powder/crud ski is a Moment Deathwish. My "serious" all-mountain/powder/crud ski is a Black Crows Corvus.

Even during this low tide year, I like the stability of a wider platform because I'm not a particularly talented skier and I will almost always be looking towards bumps/off piste than groomed snow.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I decided to jump on the train. 179cm V82's. Think they will fill a need very well for me. And I have a few boxes of older NIB blue/white STH 2 16's.....which ought to work just fine. These are going to be a mid week, smaller New England hill ski for me. Will live in my truck. My mid week buddies make me, at 66, look like the young buck. They can all ski, but there's a speed limit on these hills. We'll see.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Liberty's ski much more traditionally, they are not slarvy, soft ski's with a lot of rocker. Thats why I love em'.
It's funny, as I progress, I prefer less rocker and narrower. Less rocker and shorter just somehow feels a bit more natural. Hence why I ordered the V82W in a 158, which is shorter than usual for me. I was working on short radius turns today on skis that are 88 under foot and the same height as me. Yes, I could do it, but yes, I want it to be easier.

Mine are our for delivery and will be mounted later today. Don't think they'll get a grind until maybe this weekend but we'll check the bases and do a little hand work on the edges.

Reactions: Ron

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
My Evolv90s arrived today. Like some others in this thread, I downsized a bit (to 172), not because of the ski's characteristics, but rather because I'm getting too old to horse around a long ski every ski day. Like @AmyPJ, "I want it to be easier."

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Mine are ready to go. The factory tune, while I didn't ski it, didn't look great (at all,) so they got a tune. I mounted them with the fig colored Warden 11 MNC.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Would the Liberty V76 be good for the East Coast? And by East Coast I mean NY State, not even VT. I'm an advanced skier usually flying west, but this year I have to make the most of my home state.
Yes!
@ADKmel bought my demo pair.
If I were you, I'd go for the 172cm

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I bought the 165 before seeing your message. I hope it'll be ok! I went for the shorter size because I want to work on my short turns and bump technique.
FWIW I went shorter than normal for me, because I skied the shorter version during testing in 2019 and was very happy on that length. I’m also wanting to work on short radius turns and bumps. My notes from testing was that they were really fun in small bumps (all bumps are big to me ;D) and did not feel short. Phil was who encouraged me to try the V76 in a shorter length.
Skiing them today if I don’t get blown off the mountain. I’ll report back.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I bought the 165 before seeing your message. I hope it'll be ok! I went for the shorter size because I want to work on my short turns and bump technique.
If you're working on short turns, they will be perfect.
I honestly enjoy the 172 and the 165. I think we're comparable in what we look for in a ski.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you're working on short turns, they will be perfect.
I honestly enjoy the 172 and the 165. I think we're comparable in what we look for in a ski.
I get that sense. And getting great feedback about the V76 from @ADKmel was encouraging too. Now I just have to find a budget pair of good bindings that are not Marker :) I hope to be able to take a few days off, rent a car and hit some upstate NY places in February.

bremmick

Booting up
Skier

Ron thoughts on sizing up the Evolv90...is 179 too short for 6'3 and 220?

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
Well, mine FINALLY actually shipped, 3 days after ordering. Initial "delivery date" was yesterday, but the tracking always only said "label generated" until yesterday. Delivery now Thursday. I guess they may be busy...LOL

@johnnyvw I just got an update from FedEx that my delivery date moved up from Thursday to tomorrow. Since we are in the same general area hopefully you see the same!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Oooohh fun! The length is great, think “turn” and they turn. Stiffer tail than my Santa Ana 88s which I like, I feel like I can stand taller because of this. Zoomer groomer skiing in the sunshine today so we’ll see how I feel about them in different conditions next week.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Ron thoughts on sizing up the Evolv90...is 179 too short for 6'3 and 220?

I'd go 186 but maybe @Drahtguy Kevin could chime in. It depends really on how aggressive you ski and what you plant to ski. If you are cruising on blues (which is fun) or charging bumps and trees.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January