• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA FYI - Liberty VMT skis on sale for $199 w/ free ship. Good sizes.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
If someone wants the V82W in a 158, they are not quite what I was looking for and will probably sell them. I'm too stinkin' light anymore, and they feel stiff and plankish. I think I'm not flexing them enough. I also realized I want even narrower.

Delicious

Glass Cranks
Skier
This is the 2019 version and this is the 2020 version. The changes are not just cosmetic.
Very helpful. Thanks for the links. To further elaborate... 2019 have 2 VMT "struts", with 2020 switching to 3. Also, V76 has titanal binding mats, which explains the 4.1 drill spec in their online FAQ. I got this information over the phone yesterday directly from Liberty. The discussion I had was limited specifically to the V76.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks! An earlier post indicated the 2020 version was stiffer in the tip. Do you agree or how would you describe the difference?

Thanks!!
I'm not sure — I haven't skied either version and bought the 2020 V76 on blind faith because at that price I could take the risk. I've never bought skis without demoing them but this model was highly recommended by people whose opinion I trust. And again: $200!

Puck it

Cannon is my home
Skier
I am looking at the DPS Foundation Cassiar F87's since they are great price and would not care about beating the crap out of them. I was looking at the 171cm size. I think this would be a perfect size for the tight glades at Cannon on and off map. I have never skied a DPS ski and see this their lower end ski. Does anyone have any thoughts to provide?

dusty

Getting on the lift
Skier
Sierra has always shipped skis that way. I still buy a few things there but man it’s changed. Recently grabbed some dynafit tour sticks for 200. No more coupons for me. I’ll always have fond memories of the Sierra store in Reno. I would check the manager‘s special rack when stocking up on groceries at whole pay check.

Various Chinese based vendor auction sites have everything being made in country for back door sales. Personally I wouldn’t go for it as it has to be even more of a slow boat getting gear here than from skiinn or telemark-pyrenees. Just like the Euro sites, it gives you a decent insight into a manufacturers bottom line. Euro prices of marker alpinists are a great example.

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
3.5 or 4.1 bit for the Evolv series? Not on their website....

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
3.5 or 4.1 bit for the Evolv series? Not on their website....
Also, V76 has titanal binding mats, which explains the 4.1 drill spec in their online FAQ.

When in doubt, 3.5 and if you have metal chips, then 4.1.

Sorry, reread for Evolve. My statement above holds true for then. :)

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
When in doubt, 3.5 and if you have metal chips, then 4.1.

Sorry, reread for Evolve. My statement above holds true for then. :)

I've always just gone by the rule that if there's a metal layer you're drilling through then use 4.1, if the hole only goes through the top skin and then wood, use 3.5.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How does the V76 compare to say... Stöckli AX or SC? Does this ski fit somewhere between those two, or is this a totally different animal?

Also, not sure I understand the difference between the two links:

One is more heavily discounted, but neither seems to mention the year? Is one 2020 and other 2019?
Yes, different years. Earlier in this thread I posted links that show the topsheets and explain the difference between the models.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
You can't go by the pictures they show, they use the same one for all the listings (they had 4 listings at the time I placed my order). At this point, you only have a choice if you want 179 length. 165 and 172 you have to take what's available

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Before asking stupid questions about drill bit size on the skis....I could've just read the f**king skis which clearly state, 4.1. (Didn't tap though as has almost no metal shavings in my mount).

Maiden voyage tomorrow. At Loveland.
051EA1DB-6CA3-4973-96E4-C5F4B179D3B9.jpeg 5E6246E2-2133-4CFD-A138-29876FF26083.jpeg

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier
Before asking stupid questions about drill bit size on the skis....I could've just read the f**king skis which clearly state, 4.1. (Didn't tap though as has almost no metal shavings in my mount).

Maiden voyage tomorrow. At Loveland.
View attachment 121645 View attachment 121646
If all else fails, read the directions! Pretty much the story of my life

Last edited:

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
"How does the V76 compare to say... Stöckli AX or SC? Does this ski fit somewhere between those two, or is this a totally different animal?"

Compared to my 179 V76, my 177 SC is quicker and both the SC and AX have a higher speed limit; V76 is a bit more forgiving and laid back.

Delicious

Glass Cranks
Skier
Before asking stupid questions about drill bit size on the skis....I could've just read the f**king skis which clearly state, 4.1.
Good discussion though, as it potentially helps others get their tools lined up while waiting for FedEx.