• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA FYI - Liberty VMT skis on sale for $199 w/ free ship. Good sizes.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
Liberty is not a brand that dumbs down women's skis. Yes, they use a slightly softer core, but I think this is more to keep the flex profile consistent to the men's in shorter lengths. If they had the same core in a 180 and a 160 ski, the 160 would ski like a 2x4 with sidecut. I am a female that often prefers men's models (especially in the frontside category), however I was perfectly comfortable on the Liberty's that I've tried thus far. That being said...at 5'10" there's a good chance she'll prefer the longer lengths that the men's ski offers.
I read this with reverse logic - not too much difference. I ordered v82 in 172. I’ve been skiing with her this week and she is killing it on her old 158/80 twin tips. I feel like she deserves an upgrade and have been following liberty. It’s a confluence.

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
If they made the Evolv90 shape with the VMT core I would be out $200. The V92 shape is just a little too piste-y for me.

And now I can confirm that I'm out that $200 for the Evolv90. Time to strip bindings off something and sell 'em.

Last edited:

northwskier

Falling off the lift
Skier
I still did not pull the trigger... agh. $200 skis + $200 bindings + mouting is at least $450.

These skis in my size with Tyrolia bindings are only $415 OBO and it is ready to go... granted they aren't brand new but that doesn't bother me. Might be a better deal for someone.

Last edited:

princo

Getting off the lift
Skier
I still did not pull the trigger... agh. $200 skis + $200 bindings + mouting is at least $450.

These skis in my size with Tyrolia bindings are only $415 OBO and it is ready to go... granted they aren't brand new but that doesn't bother me. Might be a better deal for someone.
Did you read the fine print in the description?
"Ski is used with slight scuffs and scratches on topsheet
Ski has professionally repaired p-tex mark on base"

They may have not been treated kindly. For a$35 difference, I'll pass on the used one.

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier

You definitely don't need to spend $200 on good bindings, especially if you don't need tech or gripwalk soles. Check Corbetts (prices are in Canadian dollars and they ship to U.S. for free), they have attack 13 for $120 delivered. And you should be able to get them mounted for $50. You should easily be able to buy these skis from STP and mount them with good bindings under $400 total.

Last edited:

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
How is the factory tune on the VMT's? Pretty good? Also, factory edge angles?
Thanks.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
How is the factory tune on the VMT's? Pretty good? Also, factory edge angles?
Thanks.

The only Liberty I ever saw wasn't flat from the factory, it needed a full prep out of the gate. I haven't seen enough of them to know what kind of track record they have, but I do a full grind on every ski I acquire, especially out of the plastic.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
Look I’m as cheap as they come , but Realistically, with lift ticket prices, any travel costs, other gear, etc.... an extra 50 or so bucks in a ski deal should not be a deal breaker.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
The only Liberty I ever saw wasn't flat from the factory, it needed a full prep out of the gate. I haven't seen enough of them to know what kind of track record they have, but I do a full grind on every ski I acquire, especially out of the plastic.

LOL, well I have seen plenty of new Liberty's and they are just like every other new ski I get and setup for testing... They ALL need to be tuned. Liberty's are far from the worst though. I can take a liberty and ski it out of the wrapper but there's one "premium" ski I shall not name is notoriously poor. The only new ski I have ever seen that was perfect was an Augment. Otherwise, all ski's need a "new ski tune" which includes checking the bases (almost always requires flattening) and cleaning up the edges. Of course, all new skis need at least a couple coats of wax too.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I did it. I ordered the V82W in a 158. That's eyeball height for me. A 12.5 meter turn radius? Yes, please. I remember that I skied the 158 in the men's version in 2019 and really liked them. I have a feeling these might get a lot more miles on them than just groomer zoomer days. I sure could have used them today.

Now, it will finally start snowing in Utah. You're welcome.

northwskier

Falling off the lift
Skier
You definitely don't need to spend $200 on good bindings, especially if you don't need tech or gripwalk soles. Check Corbetts (prices are in Canadian dollars and they ship to U.S. for free), they have attack 13 for $120 delivered. And you should be able to get them mounted for $50. You should easily be able to buy these skis from STP and mount them with good bindings under $400 total.
Alright, you sold me! I ordered the Evolv 90 in 179cm.
Thanks for the tip to check Corbetts. Their pricing (in CAD) is pretty good.

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier
Alright, you sold me! I ordered the Evolv 90 in 179cm.
Thanks for the tip to check Corbetts. Their pricing (in CAD) is pretty good.
I love Corbetts! If you have any issues or questions just call them. They have the best customer service! Glad you made the right decision!

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Well...shit.

I forgot when I order skis from STP they show up inside of 48hrs. Delivery tomorrow. May have to pull some bindings and mount tomorrow night.

Reactions: Ron

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
For the V82's, are Look Pivot 14 "Forza" color going to look good or clash? Life is too short to be using mis-matched equipment! I think they'll look great but haven't seen either item in person.
@Philpug ?

Sponsor