• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Garage Swap Etiquette--Please Read Before Posting

Ktmdad

Booting up
Skier
Thanks didn't realize that.

Would be nice to be able to change the price listed originally.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
11-21-18 UPDATE: Original posters now have the ability to edit their posts. They can also edit the title, and can mark it as SOLD.

Please note this change to the posting guidelines.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
@Philpug - how do I mark something sold? I can’t seem to find the option when I edit the ad.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
I replied 'no longer available' to a couple of items I have listed for sale. Should I reply 'sold' in order to change the title? I really didn't sell them, but they weren't attracting enough interest to keep the post up.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I replied 'no longer available' to a couple of items I have listed for sale. Should I reply 'sold' in order to change the title? I really didn't sell them, but they weren't attracting enough interest to keep the post up.
The easiest is to make a report on it that you need a post changed.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Just reply in the item as Sold.. A mod/admin will change the title.

Yep, that's the original way. But Phil edited the original post for the guidelines and specifically stated that we now have the ability to edit the tag and mark it sold ourselves. Those are the instructions I'm looking for.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Got another suggestion, but not just or sellers, more for everyone. Don't clog up the ad/post with criticism of the listing, the item, and especially the price. If you don't agree with the listing or price and want to make an offer, PM the seller but don't be an ass about it calling them out of touch or crazy in the thread/listing.

I've seen that happen a lot in other groups I admin and moderate where we had to make it a specified rule not to..

Falls under "don't be an ass" golden rule of this place of course...

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Yep, that's the original way. But Phil edited the original post for the guidelines and specifically stated that we now have the ability to edit the tag and mark it sold ourselves. Those are the instructions I'm looking for.
We tried that, but it doesn't work the way we thought. I just removed that edit.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
How do we mark an item as SOLD ???

Magwai

Novice skier, expert faller!!!
Skier
How do you change the FOR SALE to SOLD in the header?

Magwai

Novice skier, expert faller!!!
Skier
And that will change it to a Red Sold?

Sponsor