• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gator Repair

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The gator has partially detached from my Arcteryx Sabre pants. Any ideas on what I can use to reattach them? I was thinking of an adhesive like aqua seal. Thanks.

TS
mikes781

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’d have to look but I did have them altered. They were shortened and reattached, I also have two trips to Killington and one to Colorado coming up in the next few weeks and would prefer to to lose them for that period.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
The Ski Diva's had a contact, but she decided to retire. She actually did the warranty repairs for arcteryx and helly hansen.

If you've had work done, then more than likely they won't cover it. So you're going to need a local.

Next time, don't worry about the Gaiter, just get the outside shortened. Unless you needed to take a foot off.

TS
mikes781

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Was that Penny from Specialty Outdoor? That’s who I had do the work and I recall that she retired. Looking back at my emails with her she shortened them above the knee and didn’t modify the gators.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I also have two trips to Killington and one to Colorado coming up in the next few weeks

Don't get it fixed before the trip, thereby guaranteeing massive powder dumps.

Seriously, high-quality duct tape until you're back, then send them to Arc-whatever.

TS
mikes781

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't get it fixed before the trip, thereby guaranteeing massive powder dumps.

Seriously, high-quality duct tape until you're back, then send them to Arc-whatever.
Not seeing any powder next week in Killington, but hopefully when we get back there later next month or certainly steamboat in early March. ogsmile

I thought about just throwing some gorilla tape on them to get me through the next six weeks. . Waiting to hear back from Arcteryx.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I use Bainbridge Sail repair tape to fix my ski pants. Works great, flexes like nylon and comes in many colors.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Gear Aid tape is better than dutc tape, especially if you plan on removing it eventually. It doesn’t leave the glue reside that duct tape does.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
So I went through the warranty process with Arc'Teryx recently on two pairs of Sabre AR pants at the same time. Through photos alone the approved a warranty replacement credit on one pair and said the second pair needs in person examination. I had to send in both pairs as they only issues the warranty credit once they have active tracking on the pants. For the pair they need to examine the warranty process can take as much as 5-6 weeks as they may decide to repair and return the item to me. So definitely worth seeing if they will give you credit off the photos, but would not send anything in expecting a quick turnaround if they are not.

TS
mikes781

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for the responses. I started a claim and submitted a few photos. They came back with a few questions and am waiting to here back from them. I’ll definitely wait until after the season is over to,send them in.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I’d have to look but I did have them altered. They were shortened and reattached, I also have two trips to Killington and one to Colorado coming up in the next few weeks and would prefer to to lose them for that period.
There is technical cleaners in Truckee who also does repairs on stuff like that.
If you want a quick adhesive fix, use Noso Patches, which we have advertised here.
I've used Gear tape in the past but Noso is way way better.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Shoe Goo for the win. It sticks to everything and remains fairly flexible.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Hi All,

Just heard back from Arc'Teryx on my second pair of Sabre AR pants and they have issued me a full credit on them as they did not feel that a repair was feasible. Guess it is time to head back to the Outlet to sample their wears. They usually hold an end of season 40% off of the outlet price sale :)

TS
mikes781

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Arcteryx’s CS got back to me and asked me to send them in for repairs. I’ll use tape to get me through the end of the season and send them back in March. Thanks all.

Sponsor

Staff online