• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gear Ads Gone Wrong

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Came across this in the current issue of Cross Country Skier. WTF? Why are they drilling giant needles into my foot?

20201026_202038-01.jpeg

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Instead of expanding the boot to fit your lumps they inject botox into your foot to make it fit the boot properly. I don't get why this is so hard to understand... :huh::roflmao:
That would make perfect sense if they were paying me the $530 MSRP to wear the damn boot.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Somebody call Hanson and tell them their wax packs have been stolen..

James

Out There
Instructor
It’s supposed to be cnc robot bits but they’re pretty small.
I like the botox explanation. Hey, you think they give that stuff away?

This is the new pricing model. You pay for the boot, but every time you use it, you pay again. Because you need another special Soloman botox concoction injection.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
For a XC boot, I hope that carbon is that exo-skeleton I see. Because I wouldn't want a XC boot full carbon.

I had a FB memory come up yesterday of Tina Maze and Lange boots. I posted with it, are they selling ski boots, or Victoria's Secret stuff.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
It’s supposed to be cnc robot bits.

You mean 3D profile measurement needles.

Most macro scale touch probes have spherical tips, so I can understand the confusion.

For a XC boot, I hope that carbon is that exo-skeleton I see. Because I wouldn't want a XC boot full carbon.

I hope that they didn't waste much carbon on the exo-skeleton, and that most of it is in the carbon sole. Sole softening with repeated use kills skate boots DEAD.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This was a miss for Salomon back in the 90's when they came out with the Axendo line.
IMG_2906.jpeg

Skiing down on two metal sabers....The Volant guys expoited that,