• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Getting ready for ski season with Skier's Edge

TS
dovski

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Ok so personal pet peeve. The new band squeaks a lot while working out. I have cleaned and lubed all the rollers and it seems that this is actually coming from the band. I am sure it is part of the break in process, but damn it is annoying. Hopefully this goes away soon. Has anyone else had this issue?

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok so personal pet peeve. The new band squeaks a lot while working out. I have cleaned and lubed all the rollers and it seems that this is actually coming from the band. I am sure it is part of the break in process, but damn it is annoying. Hopefully this goes away soon. Has anyone else had this issue?

That would drive me crazy. I didn't have it with my current bands.

JPSkier

Go Fast Take Chances
Skier
I never had squeaking with my bands, even when I shortened the big one when it blew under the platform. I would recheck the tension to make sure it is tight enough.
I ordered the replacement bands from the Agenseoh website on the 5/28, and received a order confirmation email. I went back to the website on 6/1 to check on the order and it was listed as paid. I tried to go to the website 6/5 and the website was gone, can't reach the page. Oh no!!! Tonight I receive an email confirming shipping with a tracking number, from China Post. I believe the whole show is offshore in China. I hope it arrives sometime soon could be another wee or so.

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
I never had squeaking with my bands, even when I shortened the big one when it blew under the platform. I would recheck the tension to make sure it is tight enough.
I ordered the replacement bands from the Agenseoh website on the 5/28, and received a order confirmation email. I went back to the website on 6/1 to check on the order and it was listed as paid. I tried to go to the website 6/5 and the website was gone, can't reach the page. Oh no!!! Tonight I receive an email confirming shipping with a tracking number, from China Post. I believe the whole show is offshore in China. I hope it arrives sometime soon could be another wee or so.
I ordered a webcam off a site like this 4 months ago, it is still in transit :roflmao:

I spoke with Skiers Edge and they said the noise was likely just the new bands being broken in and should go away soon. Machine was a little less squeaky today :)

JPSkier

Go Fast Take Chances
Skier
I sure as hell hope it's not 4 months, we could have a little ice age and be skiing by then!

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I spoke with Skiers Edge and they said the noise was likely just the new bands being broken in and should go away soon.

I've had my new bands installed for about 2 months and they're still squeaking. I guess that "soon" is a relative term.

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
I sure as hell hope it's not 4 months, we could have a little ice age and be skiing by then!
FYI my package arrived from China after 3.5 months. Instead of the webcam I ordered there was a cheap pair of fake Raybans - luckily I paid with Paypal so have filed a grievance.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
FYI my package arrived from China after 3.5 months. Instead of the webcam I ordered there was a cheap pair of fake Raybans - luckily I paid with Paypal so have filed a grievance.

Bummer. Good luck with your grievance.

puptwin

good ideas, poorly executed
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Been thinking about getting a Skiers Edge machine and found quite a few for sale used. I found one video showing the machine in use and was surprised at how loud it is. Was so loud it made me think that's one reason why there are so many out there for sale. For those who have used them, do you think they are loud?

Has anyone used the Pro Ski Simulator? Looks similar to the SE with a simple design.

Thanks

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Been thinking about getting a Skiers Edge machine and found quite a few for sale used. I found one video showing the machine in use and was surprised at how loud it is. Was so loud it made me think that's one reason why there are so many out there for sale. For those who have used them, do you think they are loud?

Has anyone used the Pro Ski Simulator? Looks similar to the SE with a simple design.

Thanks

I don't think mine is loud. There's noise but I've never had it occur to me that I wanted it to be quieter.

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I am in metro-west Boston. I have a Skiers Edge that I no longer use as I am using my indoor smart bike trainer in the winter. I find that lots of road biking, gravel rides, and a good set of core exercises and stretching prepares me well for the ski season. Before I was into the biking - I used the Skiers Edge all year and found it to be great preparation for the ski season. Any way, my Skiers Edge is an S4 that was upgraded to the QS5. I have the mogul platform, slope simulator, the “coach’s bar” attachment, and the upper body exercise attachment, along with a spare set of power bands.

I am willing to part with all of this for a price as long as you can pick it up. The coach’s bar is removable so that the skier’s edge can be easily picked up by 2 people and moved. The QS5 is much quieter than the old S4

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am in metro-west Boston. I have a Skiers Edge that I no longer use as I am using my indoor smart bike trainer in the winter. I find that lots of road biking, gravel rides, and a good set of core exercises and stretching prepares me well for the ski season. Before I was into the biking - I used the Skiers Edge all year and found it to be great preparation for the ski season. Any way, my Skiers Edge is an S4 that was upgraded to the QS5. I have the mogul platform, slope simulator, the “coach’s bar” attachment, and the upper body exercise attachment, along with a spare set of power bands.

I am willing to part with all of this for a price as long as you can pick it up. The coach’s bar is removable so that the skier’s edge can be easily picked up by 2 people and moved. The QS5 is much quieter than the old S4

if you don't sell the package I’d be happy to buy the slope simulator. for my S4

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier

Thanks
I have an older model that I don't think is much louder than my bike trainer. I do turn the tv up a notch on the SE vs the bike but I guess never really thought about it.

Sherman89

Booting up
Skier
I have a skiers edge S4 and am looking for a new power band/belt, with all these machines out there someone must be trading these belts beside skiers edge. I just got off the phone with them and got the upgrade speech, what a bunch of crap sales must be slow so they are forcing an unnecessary ungrade to generate sales. anyone have any luck finding a vendor for the power bandbelt?

Paul Tocko

Booting up
Skier

PM sent. Interested if still available.

JPSkier

Go Fast Take Chances
Skier
Hey did the bands you ordered ever arrive?
It's been a while since I've been on the forum. Been traveling for a couple mos. back to the Midwest. Anyway get this I got home last month and the USPS had been holding my mail they had my order. It was a cheap imitation pair of Ray Ban sunglasses. I read the previous post of yours from June and laughed so hard I was getting cramps. I called my Barclays credit card and they credited me back the money and issued me a new card. That's what they do for fraud cases.
So to fix my S4 I purchased a 50ft roll of 3/8" bungie cord and cut six 8'4" pieces and fitted them to the machine from the foot platform around under the center attach point back up to the foot platform. I put alignment marks on the bands on both sides if the platform. Been using it for over a month now and it works great. There are no signs of wear on the bands and no sign of slipping at the marks. I figure if a band breaks there are 5 more to carry the load. Cost $39 on Amazon. I'll keep posted on how the bands are working out.
I'm working out hard now as Mammoth opens Nov. 14

Attachments

• S4 Bungie Bands.JPG
    S4 Bungie Bands.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 100
  • S4 Bands.JPG
    S4 Bands.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 99

JPSkier

Go Fast Take Chances
Skier

Thanks
That's what music is for. Crank it up.

Sponsor

Staff online