• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Giro Named Official Helmet and Goggle of SkiTalk Test Team

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
GIRO-official-helmet-SkiTalk-ski-talk-Pugliese-Slider.jpg
This thread is for the general discussion of the Article Giro Named Official Helmet and Goggle of SkiTalk Test Team. Please add to the discussion here.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great news! I have the Giro Jackson helmet and Giro Method goggles. They are a great combo and form a seamless combination when worn together. The Method lenses take a minute to figure out how to change out but the VIVID technology is great.

Unpiste

Booting down
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Very nice! I'm sure it's partially a matter of personal taste and the shape of my head, but I've always preferred Giro helmets for their fit. No other brand seems to work quite as well for me, and that's carried across many models of ski and bike helmets.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Jackson and Grid here. :)

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hmm, I'm due for a new helmet . . . anyone run a Giro w/ Smith IO/X goggles? Good fitment?
i have zone mips with regular smith i/o. Seems fine?
Didn't notice any issues.

But my forehead and eyes on head might be different than yours

Last edited:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This is exciting news!

I discovered just last week that Giro fit me better than other brands I have tried. I am typically in between a small and medium in a lot of brands, but not Giro. I bought a small Strata helmet and it's perfect. I can adjust to make room for a thin wool head covering, and I can snug it down when I don't have anything under it. It stays in place and fits perfectly with the Giro Ella goggles I got, which are the only pair I own that don't fog during all this mask wearing we are doing right now.

So, if you're a woman whose head measures about 54-55 cm around, Giro might be the brand for you.

Reactions: Ron

WadeHoliday

Out on the slopes
SkiTalk Tester
I also ski in Giro, like this move Skitalk.
They don't make mine anymore, but it was lightest, airiest I could find!
cheers!
W

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
My first helmet was a Giro Bad Leutenant. Loved the non racy image of such a shape (akin to the old US Army M1 iron helmet model) , living in a place where everyone and their brother tries to imitate/emulate racers, in every way. After years of use and abuse, moved to other brand, but I'd love to see a re-edition of the Bad Leutenant, updated with MIPS or somethingsuch.

Sponsor

Staff online