• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
YESSSSSSSSSSS!

https://www.snewsnet.com/press-rele...e-down-home-tour-to-small-ski-areas-in-the-us

Begunje, Slovenia (Nov. 13, 2018) – Elan Skis, handcrafted skis 100% made in the Alps for over 70 years, is thrilled to announce that long time Elan athlete and ski industry legend, Glen Plake, is officially bringing back the Down Home Tour to small ski areas across the U.S. this 2018/19 winter season.

Unlike other tours, the Glen Plake Down Home Tour is intentionally unplanned.

There is no set schedule or official way to sign up. It’s about being in the right place at the right time.

elan_glen-plake-touring-ripstick_ppeter-morning_1316.jpg

Hosted by Plake and his wife Kimberly out of their 38-foot custom Freightliner rig, the tour route is set on a whim depending on weather and ski conditions. Their itinerary is loosely planned to travel through the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic through New England from mid December 2018 through January 2019, parking their custom rig in ski area parking lots, skiing with locals and celebrating good times on snow.

robertc3

Out on the slopes
Skier
I wish I lived anywhere the Midwest or Mid-Atlantic so that I could ski with Plake. Well, I guess I wish that I could ski with Plake. I really don't have any desire to live in the Midwest or Mid-Atlantic.

Roundturns

Getting off the lift
Skier
Glen, please swing by and pick me up!
My mission in life is to cross off as many of these as I can.
View attachment 58605
View attachment 58606
One ticket to Chaminox , France for Mr. Glen Plake!
The Plakester made it to our local bump , Seven Springs, here in Pa. A couple times.
Watched him shred the iciest bumps , no problems.
Fantastic ambassador for skiing.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Where did that map come from?
I had no idea there were so many little areas in MN and I live here ;)
FWIW, I remember seeing Plake one time at Keystone in the early 90's

I bought the map on line. This particular company has A LOT of great ski maps.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
@DoryBreaux, @Tricia and myself had a chance to tour the motorhome...The shop in the back it real cool.

Ya, but does he have a Scout in there? :huh:

I didn't think so. :roflmao:

@Dave Petersen , we have similar goals. I'm a few months into my nebulous 5 year plan. The end game is to be retired in an RV and traveling the country to ski and bike. Maybe swim and sail a little, too.

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Glen -- text me for my address...:D

skix

Out on the slopes
Skier
My mission in life is to cross off as many of these as I can.

That poster of ski areas is better than anything I've been able to find elsewhere. Is there an online source for it you could point to?

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
E0093EE1-785F-45ED-92A7-4EDA0FADCE5C.png
That poster of ski areas is better than anything I've been able to find elsewhere. Is there an online source for it you could point to?

BEST MAPS EVER - there are many variations one can order.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
When he came to the little bump where I taught for 20-odd years, he had neither the bus nor the bride. He fell twice on our VW-sized iceball bumps. When the pro racers came to the same place, they all said that hill was the steepest they raced upon. Of course, those bumps were all groomed away for the racers.