• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Glen Plake Partners with Roxa Ski Boots

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Glen Plake, longtime Dalbello partner and instrumental promoter of the Krypton line, has partnered with Roxa Ski Boots.
ROXA LOGO - WORLD.jpg
Press Release:
Roxa Ski Boots is proud to announce the signing of Glen Plake as a member of their team.

“We are extremely happy to have Glen on board,” says Matt Titus, head of Roxa USA. “He has actually been skiing in Roxa for a year and has put the boots through their paces from Nepal, to Chamonix, to Mammoth, and many points in between. We both thought it was a good time to make it official.”
In addition to being a spokesman for the brand, Plake will also be heavily involved in product development and testing. “It has been great getting to know the team at Roxa and to see their genuine passion for making ski boots,” notes Plake. “I look forward to working with them to bring forward truly innovative and skier-driven products. We already have a few things cooking that are going to turn a few heads…”
Roxa - Plake-1.jpg
Roxa will be unveiling its 2016-17 ski boot collection at the upcoming ISPO show in Munich, Germany and SIA Snow Show in Denver, Colorado.
XfaceTour-YellBlk.jpg

Glen Plake, Roxa Ski Boots

IMG_0075.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0349.JPG
    IMG_0349.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Cool looking lineup!

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Didn't realise they were a real brand - only ever seen them in few places as kind of a pricepoint/offbrand option. Guess Plake's the guy to change that perception.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Didn't realise they were a real brand - only ever seen them in few places as kind of a pricepoint/offbrand option. Guess Plake's the guy to change that perception.
Glen did a great job with Dalbello doing the same thing. Matt Titus was also with Dalbello, it is a good relationship.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I keep thinking that I would like to try a cabrio style boot, but never quite do it. Maybe these will pull me in.

I really admire Plake. He went through a real "curve" in life. From young, just discovered kid in Blizzard of Ahhs, to stupid, wild and full of himself, all the way back to being a great ambassador for the sport.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Interesting. Out of curiosity went to their site and discovered a whole new bunch of boots I did not know existed. This "xface" "xtour" "xturn" line looks promising, and less bulky than the corresponding Dalbello "Lupo" family. I would also like to find out about the ROM while in the "walk" mode, as the only boots I have found official info on the subject are the Scarpa freedom (27 deg) and the Tecnica Cochise (23 deg, IIRC). Also to be noted that some of the models,the "free" line, do resembles the Krypton/FT of some year last, but I guess that with Glen Plake and (mostly) because of the cabrio design, that can't be avoided.
I knew about Roxa because of their involvement in inline skating and Kids adjustable (in length) inline skating/ice skating/ski boots, a concept that I find really interesting, as a parent who has to cope with budget and growing kids. Anyway I am really curious and wish them well, another Italian boot maker to be proud of!

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
A bit more research and it is now clear why the design is so similar (in the "free" line) to the FT. Basically Rosa was working as a "provider"/production plant for other brands (amongst which, FT). I had heard about this but did not read about it directly. Well I have learned something today too! BTW, I have found about the ROM as well, it looks like a 20 deg. But it is an old info, and sure hope that si CE some years have passed by since it was written, the ROM of the xtour has been extended...

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Nice- will be cool to see more options in the cabrio style.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Cool boots and all, but who thinks that anybody but Plake could rock those glasses?!​

I'm 100% confident that I fit in the "nope" category to that question.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I knew about Roxa because of their involvement in inline skating and Kids adjustable (in length) inline skating/ice skating/ski boots, a concept that I find really interesting, as a parent who has to cope with budget and growing kids. Anyway I am really curious and wish them well, another Italian boot maker to be proud of!

Roxa = Roces? I didn't know that. Well that just ratcheted their cred upwards several notches.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Is Roxa a re-branding of Alpina? Some of it looks awfully familiar.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is Roxa a re-branding of Alpina? Some of it looks awfully familiar.
Alaina is a separate brand and is now being distributed with Elan Skis. Does Roxa share some of Alpina's molds or were they producing them? That I am not sure.

Sponsor

Staff online