• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gloves for warmer days

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
I have the Hestra Helis and will remove the liners if it's really warm (like 50F). They are basically like leather work gloves at that point.

If I know its going to be warm before hand, I will swap to something like these:

Note that these are not the most durable... leather work gloves/gardening gloves may be better.

I've tried just wearing wool glove liners, but those are nowhere near durable enough to normal wear and tear.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Well here in the SE it's warmer pretty much all year. My go to gloves are the FTP spring gloves. If it's cold I'll throw a pair of thin liners on but up to about 50 degrees they are extremely comfortable.

sparty

Out on the slopes
Skier
If you want to wear Hestras when it's that warm out, look at their Hestra Job lineup. Well-made work gloves with much more friendly pricing than their ski gloves.

I've got a pair—the Kobolt Czone—that have made it through multiple winters, which is more than I can say for any actual spring skiing glove I've picked up and liked (they tend to end up turning into an around-town glove as well, as most spring-weight gloves are usable for driving).

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Looks like FTP discontinued the spring gloves with the velcro. too bad I really like them and was thinking about getting another pair.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I wear my Give’r Classic Gloves. Made in Jackson Hole, Wyoming out of high quality leather and waxed and custom-branded before they ship. These double as work gloves too.

Think about the comfort of good leather as it breaks in and you will understand how great these gloves are. The more you wear them the more comfortable they get. I just got a new pair after my old ones got a slight tear in the stitching. Give’r replaced them for free.

I’m about to buy their 4-season glove for skiing, camping, etc. Watch the video on their web site as they grab a burning log, dip their hands in a pot of boiling water, and pour water over a handful of dry ice. Needless to say I’m excited (even though I love my Hestras).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 8

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hestra Heli mitts when it’s cold and Heli gloves when it’s warm.

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
I like the Marmot Spring Glove. They're not expensive at retail prices and I've seen them as low as $35 on sale. Been through a couple pairs and I think they're excellent.
I have the same gloves and like them a lot. And there are the classic Marker spring gloves that look nice too.

Evan's Dad

Evan's Dad :)
Skier
My favorite are the Marker Spring gloves which I lost at whistler a few years ago. I replaced them with some Hestra gloves which are OK but I miss the Markers.

Yepow

Excuse me, I'm an intermediate
Skier
I have the same gloves and like them a lot. And there are the classic Marker spring gloves that look nice too.
Do the Marmot spring gloves have idiot straps (for the wrists)? Anyone know where you can get those straps and sew them in, if not? I'm looking for a good spring glove, and ideally something with wrist straps so I don't lose them on the chair.

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
Do the Marmot spring gloves have idiot straps (for the wrists)? Anyone know where you can get those straps and sew them in, if not? I'm looking for a good spring glove, and ideally something with wrist straps so I don't lose them on the chair.
They don't come with glove leashes, but those are easy to add without sewing - there is a loop in the cuff. Both Hestra and Evo sell nice ones.

Yuki Ryu

Journey of dreams
Skier
Try 'Free The Powder' BC gloves or their mountain bike gloves MXP or MX for warmer days. They're great for spring and summer skiing out west. They also sell extra glove leashes (straps, wrist loops) that you can attach to any glove. Checkout their website. I only use FTP gloves from the coldest storm days in BC (< -10 deg) to hot days (> 60 deg) at Mt Hood!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Curmudgeon Alert!

Meh on the idiot straps for spring gloves. Sit on your poles. Clip gloves together. Dangle over poles (or the safety bar).

Idiot-proof, with the bonus of orienting the gloves correctly so they can vent upwards on the chairlift ride.

As far as the spring gloves themselves go, Ace, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. will have a wall of gloves at reasonable prices, and one of them will please you, and your wallet!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
As far as the spring gloves themselves go, Ace, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. will have a wall of gloves at reasonable prices, and one of them will please you, and your wallet!

It's Deer Valley. The proper answer is

Yuki Ryu

Journey of dreams
Skier
It's Deer Valley. The 'closest' answer is: 'Free the Powder' founded in Park City (also since OP is out of SLC UT, it'd be great to go with a small local brand). ogsmile

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
When it’s warm I use my original Free The Powder gloves.

I originally bought them because I thought they’d be warm enough for regular use, however not for my cold hands. Diabetes and Reynaud’s has me using heating mitten most of the time, but there were several days at the Aspen Gathering where the FTP gloves came out.

Mornings can be cold for my fingers, so it really depends on how quickly the day warms up.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I have for years worn gloves and mittens with removable liners; makes it easy to switch to lightweight liners on warm days. They also dry quicker when you wash shell and liner separately.

Last season I bought Free The Powder gloves when they were on sale and the gloves came with a thick pair of liners and a thin pair of liners for spring.:thumb::thumb:

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
I wear my Give’r Classic Gloves. Made in Jackson Hole, Wyoming out of high quality leather and waxed and custom-branded before they ship. These double as work gloves too.

Think about the comfort of good leather as it breaks in and you will understand how great these gloves are. The more you wear them the more comfortable they get. I just got a new pair after my old ones got a slight tear in the stitching. Give’r replaced them for free.

I’m about to buy their 4-season glove for skiing, camping, etc. Watch the video on their web site as they grab a burning log, dip their hands in a pot of boiling water, and pour water over a handful of dry ice. Needless to say I’m excited (even though I love my Hestras).
^ These, but the straight up Kinco version. Slightly less $, but I do like the "branding". Had the 4 Season glove and to be honest - my fingers were never more cold. <- for some reason could feel the air through the seams of the gloves while skiing. YMMV.