• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gloves for warmer days

ihocky2

Putting on skis
Skier
I've got a pair a few years old from North Face that are similar to the current E-Tip. The weight is great for warmer days. Only downside is they are fleece so they are not water resistant. Not a big deal unless I hit the deck. They get wet having to carry the skis when going into the lodge though.

TS
M

msr2009

Booting up
Skier
I'll just pop back in here since this thread started up again...

I ended up getting a pair of cheap Hestra Job driving gloves: https://job.hestragloves.com/en-us/gloves/multi-use-protection/73910-drivers-goat-us/400/

They're light, water-resistant enough, and breathable enough. I probably wore them more than my beefier kincos this season, since it was relatively warm and dry. I don't think they'd hold up super well in really wet conditions (e.g. if my hands start get sweaty, they'll turn them a bit orange...), but that's fine for my usage.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I just pull the liners out of my FTP gloves- work perfectly
The versatility of thick or thin or no liner are the reason gloves/mitts should have removable liners.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I'll just pop back in here since this thread started up again...

I ended up getting a pair of cheap Hestra Job driving gloves: https://job.hestragloves.com/en-us/gloves/multi-use-protection/73910-drivers-goat-us/400/

They're light, water-resistant enough, and breathable enough. I probably wore them more than my beefier kincos this season, since it was relatively warm and dry. I don't think they'd hold up super well in really wet conditions (e.g. if my hands start get sweaty, they'll turn them a bit orange...), but that's fine for my usage.

Oh I've had those. You're absolutely right about the wet - after the first two spring Bend sprinkles they gained a size and a half.

OnEdge

Putting on skis
Skier
Free The Powder has been mentioned a couple of times.

I love their BC Glove. I run hot and while I'll typically take the gloves off at the bottom, I don't find these too sweaty or too cold.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I use my Costco-bought Karbon electric gloves on warmer days; I just don't turn on the electric heating elements. If I weren't a diabetic I would probably use riding gloves designed for motorcycling.
EDIT to add: Never ski without gloves; you need crash protection.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I purchased the BC Glove from Free the Powder with them being delivered yesterday. Since they are local to me and I’m already using their mitts and am happy, trying their warm weather gloves should have happened prior to this season.