• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Golf in Twin Falls Idaho, who wants to go?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have wanted to play this course ever since we drove over it the first time. Anyone want to meet me this summer? I am pretty flexible for time frame.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
@Philpug there are 5 courses, none expensive to play and all good within about an hour of there worth playing. One is Clear Lakes near the next town downriver named Buhl. Another I enjoyed was the Jackpot Course. JEROME CC was fun too.
If you are going to play there you might as well hit a couple of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tricia and I are penciling in playing here on 9/21 in the AM if anyone wants to join us. Let us know.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
I often overnight traveling to and from CB and stay at the La Quinta in Twin Falls. It ain't luxury but I've never had a bad experience there plus it's easy to find. A really short walk gets you to the Black Bear Diner for good comfort food. Given the traffic in Twin Falls having easy to get to lodging with nearby food fits the bill for me. Have a good trip.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Another option for a one off locals place is Norm's Dinner. Near downtown and the tracks on (or just off of) 2nd Ave. That place was my weekend treat for breakfast for almost a year.

Your timing should be perfects for eating some pears and apples off the trees on the front 9.

HAVE FUN!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks for the tips
I often overnight traveling to and from CB and stay at the La Quinta in Twin Falls. It ain't luxury but I've never had a bad experience there plus it's easy to find. A really short walk gets you to the Black Bear Diner for good comfort food. Given the traffic in Twin Falls having easy to get to lodging with nearby food fits the bill for me. Have a good trip.

Another option for a one off locals place is Norm's Dinner. Near downtown and the tracks on (or just off of) 2nd Ave. That place was my weekend treat for breakfast for almost a year.

Your timing should be perfects for eating some pears and apples off the trees on the front 9.

HAVE FUN!
We are extending our work trip in Utah to go north and hit this course.
I mean...we have a small amount of flexibility right now.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
A favorite spot for a casual dinner was The Anchor Bar & Grill on the main road about a mile south of the bridge. Good food and some nice beers on tap.
The museum, just west of the bridge end is worth doing too. Puts you right there where all the base jumpers hang out.
Don't bother with the Falls, this time of year they are just a trickle. They are well worth seeing during melt though, they are larger than Niagara Falls.
When you are driving through the entire Snake Valley region look with an eye to its' past the area was shaped by the floods from blowout from Lake Bonneville (what we now call Great Salt Lake, it was HUGE).

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We just finished our first round of gold and are heading to The Anchor Bar and Grill for dinner before checking in to our hotel. Thanks for the recommendation. Pics coming soon

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We have driven past this course (along with the private course on the other side of the Snake River) numerous times and both @Tricia and I have been saying that we want to play the course. We had a chance on our way back from The U.S. Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame golf outing and 2024 class announcement to take the slight detour through Twin Falls.

The bridge and the waterfall were the focal points of the pics.
IMG_3505.jpeg
IMG_3514.jpeg
IMG_8637.jpeg
71693402756__A6E7D13D-1343-4CDE-814B-920DD5DFA03D.jpeg
IMG_8665.jpeg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I found the "driving range" to be interesting.
IMG_8694.jpeg

The magnified areas are old farm equipment we hit our balls toward.
IMG_8694.jpeg

The promised pear trees in season, however the ripe ones down low were already gleaned by other golfers.

IMG_8679.jpeg
IMG_8692.jpeg

There is a house close to the clubhouse and the residents had a dog that kept Phil entertained.
IMG_8667.jpeg

The Anchor that @Bad Bob recommended was really good.
I should have taken a picture of that.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

The second day we woke up to 45º temps, so I was happy I brought my golf pants.
It just felt interesting to be wearing pants and a fleece after a long hot summer with skorts and sleeveless shirts.
Warmed up enough to take the fleece off by about the 15th hole.
IMG_3538.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online

• dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid