• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Goodyear Tires?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
who knew what? Goodyear has been making Road tires?
Michelin and Bridgestone also do, are the other auto tire companies making bike tires too?

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
It's cute..they keep the same names as the car tires.. :ogbiggrin: So this makes me believe there must be decent margins in bicycle tires...

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
It's cute..they keep the same names as the car tires.. :ogbiggrin: So this makes me believe there must be decent margins in bicycle tires...

considering the average bike tire's MSRP is about 65-75, I am sure there's a lot of opportunities to use the same technology for bike tires. Continental makes the best road bike tire out there (apart from pro-race) 5000TL

princo

Getting off the lift
Skier
considering the average bike tire's MSRP is about 65-75, I am sure there's a lot of opportunities to use the same technology for bike tires. Continental makes the best road bike tire out there (apart from pro-race) 5000TL

If the average car tire is approx 30 lbs and a road bike tire of .67 lbs (300 grs), using 1/45 of the material in a bike tire and selling it at half the price of a car tire is not a bad investment opportunity.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
If the average car tire is approx 30 lbs and a road bike tire of .67 lbs (300 grs), using 1/45 of the material in a bike tire and selling it at half the price of a car tire is not a bad investment opportunity.

Always assuming your re-engineering cost is nil, especially in road tires; no bike tire corners like a car tire nor reaches car rubber temps.

I had no idea Goodyear was making bicycle tires.. Who's clueless??
<----- This guy!!! :ogbiggrin:

They had them at Sea Otter two years ago - IIRC you were busy growing the family.

Michelin and Bridgestone also do, are the other auto tire companies making bike tires too?

Vredestein. Dunlop did for a while but have almost completely vanished. Guessing you don't want to include motorcycle tire makers like Maxxis? But did you know that Kenda make car tires?

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online