• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Royal

UTAH
Skier
Nice. And green Forza! Any graphics on the bases of the ballets?

here is a base pic. Jon, don't you need the green forza's? they go to 10.

20180915_215649.jpg

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
here is a base pic. Jon, don't you need the green forza's? they go to 10.

View attachment 53575

I am teeing up a little road trip and hope to secure a pair of green Forzas soon.

Nice graphics on the base. Your first pic reminded me I have something similar but require a bit of ugly repair work so they wound up at the back of the pile somewhat forgotten. No edges on these, just base material. I have a pair of Blizzard acro skis with base material overlay of the regular base.

120s
IMG_0317.JPG
IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

Royal

UTAH
Skier
You need to stop buying skis and buy the kid a sandwich...feed the boy. ;)

in my defense he is a prepubescent 12 yo boy who won't eat his vegetables. and he is a mtn bike racer the the physique compliments that persuit.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
just got my own unicorns. actually found by my wife and son. I have trained them well.

150cm. my wife and daughter also found the Rossi and Volkl skis too. I'm a lucky guy.

View attachment 53566
Both yours and @Philpug ballet have S444's I just don't get people putting that binding on that ski. I understand that when you buy them used you really just have to take what you can get but why did the original owner do something like that.

Choucas

Getting off the lift
Skier
These are ramp skis. Only a few pair made with a Teflon base and no metal edges. Used for skiing on ski ramps or endless belt carpets at ski shows in the 70’s. A very rare find. Most of them fell apart due to the abuse they took.

I am teeing up a little road trip and hope to secure a pair of green Forzas soon.

Nice graphics on the base. Your first pic reminded me I have something similar but require a bit of ugly repair work so they wound up at the back of the pile somewhat forgotten. No edges on these, just base material. I have a pair of Blizzard acro skis with base material overlay of the regular base.

120s
View attachment 53591 View attachment 53593
View attachment 53596

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
@Philpug , here's your old undrilled BALLET's... taking part in an Olin family reunion!

View attachment 112281
As I recall there were two Olin Mark I skis. The red with yellow text like in the picture and the red with white text. The one with white text was the ski for newer skiers and the one with yellow text was for better skiers. That is if I remember correctly.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
As I recall there were two Olin Mark I skis. The red with yellow text like in the picture and the red with white text. The one with white text was the ski for newer skiers and the one with yellow text was for better skiers. That is if I remember correctly.

SKi Oct 1976 - Olin -.jpg

Yes, I think that is correct. The yellow lettered MARK I M Series were a short(er) ski for improving intermediates.

Sponsor

Staff online