• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Granby Ski School

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It's why I secretly worry about Peak Skis - and am glad there are others involved with said project who are a bit more grounded in fiscal reality.

Bode is an amazing thinker but not the person you want in charge of the nuts-and-bolts of running a venture, it seems. This academy was a ton of wishful thinking given how short the lead time was going into the launch. Ski academies don't simply appear out of thin air. Some do have shorter lead times but they're most often ones that leverage an existing school for the academic part (e.g. Park City Winter School, Rowmark). This Granby Ranch project? Not so much.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Another day, another Bode project that didn't live up to the hype?

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
Didn't Bode have some kind of agreement with the school at Big Sky a few years ago? Believe he did but perhaps I'm mistaken. I'm often mistaken.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Didn't Bode have some kind of agreement with the school at Big Sky a few years ago? Believe he did but perhaps I'm mistaken. I'm often mistaken.
I was thinking something similar.
With his other operations in Big Sky and Bozeman, it would make sense, especially given his commitment to family.