• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Forgive me if this has already been resolved.

I'm trying to clarify my plans and wanted to confirm that a group of PugSki members are going to ski at Grand Targhee on Friday, Feb 28.

- Is the date of Feb 28 correct?
- I'll have a car and could possibly give two people a ride over and back from Jackson.
- Best public ticket deal I can tell from afar is buying online from Targhee website or liftopia. One day tic on Feb 28 is currently running in low $90s for adults, low $60s for seniors from both sources. Believe price is fluid and will go up as date gets closer.

-Can we start a roll call now in this thread?
@Jim Kenney

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, the 28th was the consensus in the Jackson thread. I've updated the main post a bit to reflect this.

Personally, it's going to be a day-before kind of decision for me whether or not I go to Targhee. I've not been to Jackson Hole nor Grand Targhee before... so I'm thinking it may depend on conditions and how much I'm enjoying Jackson Hole to decide whether or not to do the drive.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ll be there, I also have a car, with a roof box.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Also likely to be more of a last minute decision for us.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, the 28th was the consensus in the Jackson thread. I've updated the main post a bit to reflect this.

Personally, it's going to be a day-before kind of decision for me whether or not I go to Targhee. I've not been to Jackson Hole nor Grand Targhee before... so I'm thinking it may depend on conditions and how much I'm enjoying Jackson Hole to decide whether or not to do the drive.

Do Targhee. You’ll love it, maybe better than JH. Targhee conditions generally better.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just bought a senior ticket for $63 on the Targhee website. I'll also have my car, but wouldn't mind riding with someone else.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
- Best public ticket deal I can tell from afar is buying online from Targhee website or liftopia.
@Jim Kenney

The last two seasons, on our "warm up day" at Targhee on the annual Boys JH Trip, we've run into locals with two for one coupons while buying tickets. This year, a local just handed us two of them (tweaked knee) so we really lucked out.

A quick interwebz search yielded nothing, but perhaps a local like @wyowindrunner has some insight to save the pugskiers some dough.

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Free days at JH might trump paid at GT. Sorry if I used a bad word in this sentence :)

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
On Feb. 3 I bought a GT senior's ticket for Feb 28. There were 6 tickets available for $49 at that time.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
WTF? Puggers buy out all the cheap tix inventory at Liftopia for the date?
Yup.

I was going to buy a 2 day pass, since I was planning to come back to Targhee with my SO after meeting up in SLC/PC post Gathering, but plans changed, so I settled for a $93 1-day ticket, and apparently there were only a few of those left.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Free days at JH might trump paid at GT. Sorry if I used a bad word in this sentence :)
Yeah, I have the full Ikon, so JH would be "free" for me. For folks that have the base pass and would have to pay for a 6th day at JH, it makes the trade a bit different.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, I have the full Ikon, so JH would be "free" for me. For folks that have the base pass and would have to pay for a 6th day at JH, it makes the trade a bit different.

You are rich. Hit Targhee on a non-Foghee day. I’ll mess with ya, but I wont steer you wrong. It is a fun area and when sunny, amazing views of the Grand Tetons.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yup.

I was going to buy a 2 day pass, since I was planning to come back to Targhee with my SO after meeting up in SLC/PC post Gathering, but plans changed, so I settled for a $93 1-day ticket, and apparently there were only a few of those left.

Looks like there is an extended period of 93 ticket rate, so more than Pugski effect.

5% savings not worth the commitment of exact Targhee day. For my posse.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like there is an extended period of 93 ticket rate, so more than Pugski effect.

5% savings not worth the commitment of exact Targhee day. For my posse.
I’m pretty sure I could show up to Guest Services a day or two early and apply my pre-paid day pass for another day. If needed I could just pay the difference.

Here’s the thing, I have to go on the day @AmyPJ is there.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
So I'm thinking about this more.... and I set a goal each season to ski 2 new places. So far this year, I've got none. JH will be the first new place. So I may go to GT just to check a box.

Maybe a stupid reason to ski GT, but hey, it'll be new.

MAB

Putting on skis
Skier
I am pretty sure Habitat in Driggs sells $84 Targhee tickets that are usable on any day. They definitely have them at Barries in Pocatello, which is right off 15 if you are heading to Jackson from Utah (they also have JH passes for about $90). Other stores in the region probably have them, too. Two-for-one passes are sometimes available at certain gas stations, Phillips 66 I think, but they go quickly and you really need to know when they get them to ensure they have them in stock.