• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Green appliances are back!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
EXACTLY like that! Except lime green with white interior...
More like this?

GreenLandau.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It's a Roadster top. We actaully did a lot on Subaru GL and GL10's back in the late 80's. We used fake wire wheelcovers to complete the look.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Chrysler had been criticized for vehicles that were less stylish than GM. The Cordoba was their answer to the critics. I think they hired a GM engineer to come up with this new style. It may have been to compete with the Chevy Monte Carlo but at a higher status level.

James

Out There
Instructor
2054C29D-1011-4597-94FA-90818B532971.png

5CCB3CBD-5876-4E27-B6D9-13B2DE947D3E.jpeg

I’ll take the green one. Without that top, it wouldn’t be so bad. Too much glass though. Frankly, it’s no worse than a host of current day diseased eggs.
That’s a fairly radical color choice for the mid 70’s in a familyish car. I would imagine there were many comments.

Uncle-A

Skier
Please tell me those are mock-ups, or custom, and not real offerings? I actually think the fake convertible top is much, much worse than fake wood panelling.
PXL_20210625_140118750.jpg

I found this car about two blocks past my street by the shore house. When I saw it I just had to snap a picture to share with your comment about convertibles and wood siding. It is a real convertible but of course the wood look is fake. Chrysler LeBoran not sure what year.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
The ultimate K car.

LoL. Remember the TC by Maserati?

I was once given a LeBaron convertible by an older couple who had bought it new and were moving out West.

I drove that thing exactly half an hour. :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: Understeer is underselling it. AND zero road feel. There was not a single intact bushing in the front suspension. The old couple had had no idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ogg

Uncle-A

Skier
The ultimate K car.
I didn't think the LeBaron was a K car. But I guess you are correct. It was more than the two Plymouth and Dodge models.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I didn't think the LeBaron was a K car. But I guess you are correct. It was more than the two Plymouth and Dodge models.
I think at one point, everything Chrysler produced was on the K car platform.

James

Out There
Instructor
The K-car “saved” Chrysler. That’s pretty sad all the way around.

Just a line up of these things twenty years later would have the audience laughing, so the stunts would be drowned out.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
View attachment 136619
I found this car about two blocks past my street by the shore house. When I saw it I just had to snap a picture to share with your comment about convertibles and wood siding. It is a real convertible but of course the wood look is fake. Chrysler LeBoran not sure what year.
Since this is the green thread. Here are the correct images:
pta-chrysler.jpg

Planes-Trains-Automobiles-14.jpg

Uncle-A

Skier
Since this is the green thread. Here are the correct images:
pta-chrysler.jpg

Planes-Trains-Automobiles-14.jpg
Yes, but I didn't have to go on line to find them, my photo was taken in my neighborhood so I didn't have much choice of color.

Sponsor

Staff online