• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Greetings from upstate NY

twomartinis

He who makes no mistakes makes no progress ~T.R.
Skier
Joining up here - I'm a pushing-50 guy getting back into it after relocating to eastern NY, following 20 years living in the south (zero skiing)! Been skiing the Catskills (esp. Belleayre) and the Adirondaks & hoping to get into VT soon... Getting my 3 sons into it as well.

Was a decent intermediate before moving south at age 30; and surprisingly found out last winter that I was still a pretty decent intermediate. Balance is a bit wonky, risk-taking is obviously down a few notches & wisdom up a few notches. I guess you do remember how to ride that bike! Currently acquiring gear, thinking about body movement, getting in better shape & looking forward to the best year ever!

Ciao for now

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
Where is Upstate?

dm

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
I'm in Saratoga 75 minutes from Gore.

dm

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
Hickory is open again, but mostly for hiking and live music in the summer. I don't think they've been able to run the lifts yet.
Just one of the sad effects of climate change.

dm

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
When I was in the sales rep business, our territory was "Upstate NY" which was anything north of Westchester and Rockland counties. That being said, it's still a big state for the east. Long way from Jamestown to either NYC or Plattsburgh.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm in Troy. 25 min to Jiminy Peak so I ski their for a few hours a couple of times a week, otherwise I go to Vermont. It's about an hour to Stratton, Bromey and Magic. Magic is my favorite but the conditions are not so great. Mt Snow is an hour but it's off the list. Too much like Hunter and I don't carry a gun.

Traveling from Albany it is not a bad run to Mad River and Sugarbush - say 2:30 or 2:45. It's worth it. That there is the best skiing in the East (opinion).

We are going to have a great season.

TS
twomartinis

twomartinis

He who makes no mistakes makes no progress ~T.R.
Skier
Nice being really close! Jiminy looks to be an hour drive for me, so about the same as Windham. Back in my college days in Rochester I had a sweet 35min drive to Bristol.

Skied Hunter once - too many d'bags dropping f-bombs right next to kids. Won't be going back...

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid