• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

GripWalk Discussion

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
I have a Marker x-comp 16 / piston plate set up that is GripWalk compatible.

Ah! Yes, and Tyrolia makes a ff GW binding, but you won't see them on anything more than beer leaguer skis. GW soles are squishy by design... not something thats optimized to race on.

PaganSkier

Booting up
Skier
Speaking of Tyrolia, is the Attack 14 MN the same as the old Attack 14 AT? I still have the 14 AT that is handy for those of us that work on the mountain and some days need an AT boot for dexterity, etc.

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My kid has dabello. Why my boots came with them I have no idea. Just luck i guess. Reminds me his lugs aren’t going tp work with the race skis - he didn't race last year so it didn’t come up. I might get him some new race skis anyways so I can use them too and would get gw compatible bindings.

Are the grip walk race bindings ok?
Yeah, Look Rockerace.

PaganSkier

Booting up
Skier
Speaking of Tyrolia, is the Attack 14 MN the same as the old Attack 14 AT? I still have the 14 AT that is handy for those of us that work on the mountain and some days need an AT boot for dexterity, etc.
From Tyrolia website:
The Attack 14 MN binding is a robust all-mountain binding for high performance from powder and piste to park and beyond. It convinces with high stability and easy entry and exit, thanks to the three-piece heel.
The binding is equipped with the FR PRO 3 toe, which guarantees constant release values and can be easily adjusted to different boot sole heights thanks to the revised AFD. The Attack 14 GW is compatible with adult alpine ski boots (ISO 5355 TYPE A), adult walk ski boots (ISO 23223 TYPE A) and all touring ski boots (ISO 9523). Optimal height adjustment needs to be tested with a test strip to accurately adjust the boot-binding system and achieve optimal performance on skis.
The optimized heel design allows quick DIN adjustment, in open and closed position.

If 14 GW accommodates ISO 9523 why is there a 14 MN?

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
If you put a GW boot into non GW binding, what is expected result?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you put a GW boot into non GW binding, what is expected result?
You should forward release fine, but lateraly release from the toe will be severly compromised to the point the boot will NOT release.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
You should forward release fine, but lateraly release from the toe will be severly compromised to the point the boot will NOT release.
Thanks, that is what I needed. I have a few friends who still do GW on non-GW bindings no matter I what I tell them.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks, that is what I needed. I have a few friends who still do GW on non-GW bindings no matter I what I tell them.
I hope they have a low insurance deductible because that toe is NOT releasing in a twisting fall.

Sponsor

Staff online