• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Grumpy Geezer

miatamarty

Getting on the lift
Skier
Was a Cali native for 70 years. Moved to southern Oregon 30 miles north of Klamath Falls 2 years ago. I'm 2 hours from Mt Bachelor. It's a fun mountain real different from Mammoth Mtn. Grew up there skiing with my dad. Even got to meet Dave McCoy who is my hero. The things he did will never be repeated. I've died and gone to heaven living here. I've entered my hermit stage of life. Used to live in Santa Cruz, Ca. Even though the scenery and weather were fantastic I just couldn't deal with the shear amount of people. There were no more secret spots for locals. Life is good again.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome @miatamarty ... @Philpug may be interested to know there's another Miata fan that's joined (if I'm reading your username correctly).

If you haven't found it yet, you might like to jump into the Pacific NW seasonal thread:

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Was a Cali native for 70 years. Moved to southern Oregon 30 miles north of Klamath Falls 2 years ago. I'm 2 hours from Mt Bachelor. It's a fun mountain real different from Mammoth Mtn. Grew up there skiing with my dad. Even got to meet Dave McCoy who is my hero. The things he did will never be repeated. I've died and gone to heaven living here. I've entered my hermit stage of life. Used to live in Santa Cruz, Ca. Even though the scenery and weather were fantastic I just couldn't deal with the shear amount of people. There were no more secret spots for locals. Life is good again.
Living in the lodgepoles.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I've never been to Oregon but am planning to go for the first time this April. If I like it I might not come back.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Welcome to a great site with some good people. Understand your move. 20 yrs ago took your move +++10 to Northern Idaho to a town and valley with no traffic lights and almost no people.

TS
M

miatamarty

Getting on the lift
Skier
I do have a 2016 Mazda Miata. All most as much fun as skiing. There are only 2 stoplights between my house and Bachelor. And that is in the course of 120 miles one way.

Sponsor

Staff online