• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

GS FIS, Masters or something else?

Jjmd

Putting on skis
Skier
After a night’s sleep to think about it( clearly not much going on in my life) ,I must issue a recantation of my self inflicted admonition of the term “jump switch “. On a non rockered, non twin tip racing or high performance ski, jump switch is the correct term to apply to a maneuver that facilitates a more rapid transition and edge change. It may or may not be faster in a race course, depending on course set, snow conditions, and other variables, but it sure is a hell of a lot of fun for free skiing. As an aside ,the old bromide that WC skiers stay on the snow for the fastest and most efficient way to ski is b.s., watch any race on other than a perfectly conditioned,non offset, impeccable race course with no under/delay gates or combinations ( which doesn’t exist on any level other than a NASTAR course). Certainly on the sections of any given course that allow it, they are glued to the snow.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
getting used/newused/whatever from actual racers = lifehack, you know they done topsheet, edges, sidewall, waxing, base and all that boring stuff

TS
I

IVC

Booting up
Skier
Well you could get this Nordica 188/30 for $225 Then get a baseline.

This is what I ended up ordering. For that price it doesn't matter if I end up not liking the turn radius or I end up not using them too much. With (older) Marker Xcell 16 bindings, the total was at $356 which is less than half of what the skis alone would cost if I went the G9 route. In the future, if there is need, I can always get another pair and not lose any sleep even if these end up a total loss, which I'm certain they won't.

The pricing of the race skis seems to be quite different from the rest of the skis, where they are literally just trying to get rid of excellent gear simply because it's a year old. I'm more than happy to help them :).

Sponsor

Staff online