• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

GTX Jacket and Pants how to wash

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
I have question is it Ok to wash Spyder GTX jacket and pants with this product, it has detergent and after that you can apply DRW protection:

Sypder recommend this company , but want to see if anyone used this on Spyder.
I have 2 jackets one is Spyder Leader jacket with primaloft insulation and other is Titan 2018 with 3M insulation. Pants are last year model so I believe also has primaloft insulation.

Also have Leather/Cloth Prime Spyder gloves and was wondering is it Nikwax Waterproofing Wax for Leather Ok to use on it to protect them?

Thank you for any input .

TS
Marin

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
Just in case anyone need it Found it on Spyder website under repair , they do recommend nixwax both wash and tx direct for waterproof restore ,

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
GTX is GTX no matter the brand. Yes, you can wash it with Nikwax although I prefer Granger products.
There are instructional vids by Gore how to wash GTX, look them up.
To re-activate the membrane you will need to tumble dry the jacket after washing it.

You can wash membranes with powder detergents as well (not liquid) and most important-never use softeners.

James

Out There
Instructor
Sure, use the Nikwax on the leather gloves. Cleaning first is best. They do make a cleaner.

TS
Marin

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
Sure, use the Nikwax on the leather gloves. Cleaning first is best. They do make a cleaner.

Thank you .
They not to much dirty , I used regular leather wipes and clean them, Waiting for Nikwax Waterproofing Wax to apply .

TS
Marin

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
Anyone has susses with removing stain for GTX jacket and pants ,
I have something on my Jacket and pants , I did not go and seat anywhere but ski lift , It is some black Black lines .

I found this on Pantagonia website as Spyder do not have anything about stains, and was wondreing is it Ok to use and rub in dishwashing detergent or that to safe cleaning fluid to try remove stain:

To get grease out of a technical jacket, dampen the stain and rub in dishwashing detergent. Then wash the jacket in warm water with plenty of mild powder laundry soap. If the stain persists, sponge it with a safe cleaning fluid (Renuzit® or Carbona®) or mineral spirits; you can find both at your local grocery store.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Anyone has susses with removing stain for GTX jacket and pants ,
I have something on my Jacket and pants , I did not go and seat anywhere but ski lift , It is some black Black lines .

I found this on Pantagonia website as Spyder do not have anything about stains, and was wondreing is it Ok to use and rub in dishwashing detergent or that to safe cleaning fluid to try remove stain:

To get grease out of a technical jacket, dampen the stain and rub in dishwashing detergent. Then wash the jacket in warm water with plenty of mild powder laundry soap. If the stain persists, sponge it with a safe cleaning fluid (Renuzit® or Carbona®) or mineral spirits; you can find both at your local grocery store.
yes use dawn.
its good and gentle eenough for birds and animals covered in crude oil, itll work on your jacket.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I wash gloves with soap and water in the sink and hang to dry. Leather is skin.

I apply Snow Seal when almost dry.

Sponsor