• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

GW Boots/Binding Integration

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Calling Pug.

Looking at picking up a pair of Lange RX 130 LVs. The bindings are all mounted for a 305 BSL the Lange's are a 306 BSL, consequently the binding should not need any size adjustments. The Lange boots come with GW sole plates mounted, for the moment assume I can't find any Alpine DIN sole plates to replace the GW. I have never had boots with GW. All the bindings mounted on my skis say GW compatible (even the Pivots) except one. The bindings mounted on my Billy Goats are Salomon STH 13s, these bindings say WTR compatible. I will confess that I am not familiar with anything other than the traditional Alpine DIN soles. Consequently I have some ignorance driven questions.

For a GW compatible binding I assume everything is "compatible" so that you step in and go no need to do anything, is that correct? Based upon what I have found on the interweb GW will work in WTR compatible bindings but WTR will not work in GW compatible bindings, is this correct? Consequently the Salomon's being WTR compatible should work for GW soles, is this correct? Also presumably compatible means "compatible" so the Salomon's should be step in and go, is this correct?

Final question any performance concerns with GW soles?

Thanks!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Some bindings you just clip in and go, some need adjustment, Sth2's will need adjustment. I don't know what the other bindings are to know if they need adjustments or not.

TS
Quandary

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Pivot 12s, Attack 14 GWs, Attack 13 GWs, RSW 12s (system bindings on the RC One 86GTs).

What are the Salomon adjustments? Toe height?

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just went to a Gripwalk sole and was told I needed to have bindings (Attack 13 GW) adjusted. Something about the toe. I’m not sure what they did when I took them in.

TS
Quandary

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks for the reply's. As it turned out the shop hade plenty of Lange Alpine DIN soles. Took the GW off but the Alpine on. No problems.

Sponsor

Staff online