• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
As I get into my 3rd year as a returning skier, many things have changed. Obviously, the skis and boots themselves are a huge step forward in helping me enjoy myself on the slopes. What are your favorite helpful hacks/ideas/processes that make life easier getting to, on, and returning from the slopes?

My number one so far? My boot bag. It just makes things so much simpler to get out the door.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Phone warmer. On very cold days my phone will die, killing my SkiTracks app as well as usual communication. I put a hand warmer in a Crown Royal bag, then put the phone and the warmer bag in another Crown Royal bag. The whole thing goes in my chest pocket. I usually add a small Burton battery in the warm bag so I can recharge my phone and Sony MP3 player at lunch. I've made it through below zero days with this setup.

Other hacks include:
Mountain Collective Pass
full side zip pants for booting up in the parking lot without taking your shoes off in the mud
folding chair for apre ski in the parking lot
always buy a car with a rear seat folding down so you can stash skis in the trunk
learn to tune your own skis
learn to mount your own bindings
learn how to heat and install Intuition liners at home
join Pugski

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Boot heaters. Those new snug fitting 130 flex boots are only going on or off when pliable.

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
Magnetic face mask???
I have the Anon magnetic face mask and Seirus has a magnamask that detaches and unhinges. The anon is supposed to magnetically attach to anon goggles but I just put some magnets on the bottom of my preferred goggles and it works fine.

NE1

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
- Anon magnetic quick-change lenses! No more wrestling with goggle frames, thumbprints, etc.
- Easy on silicone boot spray.
- Tuning all skis to 1-3; no more fussing about which file holders to use.
- Quick light de-burring/tune after every ski day makes life much easier.
- Always separating and drying skis immediately on arrival home.
- Never ever leaving wet skis in ski bag.

Wish someone would bring back a forward-aft adjustable binding like the old Atomics; would definitely make my list!

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Properly fitted, aligned and canted boots.
Heated gloves and heated socks.
Helmet liner, or wool midlayer with a hoodie to keep my head and especially ears warm.
Flexible hydration bottle. Call it a flask, depending upon what you fill it with. I use water.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Become an instructor. Pass, clinics, pro deals, locker and a huge network of ski friends.
Definitely a big break out for me was the year I taught skiing.
Having multiple passes, taking clinics and having a great network of friends makes all of this incredible.

Ummm. am I the only one with a flask?
Not a new hack but one of the best.

Sponsor

Staff online