• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Happy 4th of July!

my07mcx2

Getting off the lift
Skier
Reactions: Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Ron, Steamboat Lake just cancelled their fireworks!

For the life of me, I couldn't understand how they were going to have them. that whole region is a tinderbox with very remote and terrain that is difficult to access with equipment.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Speaking of big booms nearby, when I was a kid I lived on a lake. The folks next door used to go to the Indian reservation and buy huge amounts of illegal boomers. They had an old dock that they would shoot the fireworks from out toward the lake. A guy was on the dock with a Roman candle shooting it away from the dock, but the big box of fireworks was just behind him. The last ball to shoot out of the Roman candle went backwards, between his legs and into the huge box of fireworks. The entire thing blew up and burned the dock to the waterline. I have an image in my mind of the folks on the dock diving into the lake in silhouette with the bombs bursting on the dock. Nobody was injured, but it ended the show.

James

Out There
Instructor
I have an image in my mind of the folks on the dock diving into the lake in silhouette with the bombs bursting on the dock.
“...The bombs bursting in air.
Gave proof to the night,
that our dock was burned down...”

Reactions: Ron

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
We had a wonderful time celebrating Independence Day with lots of people on the beach in Seaside Oregon. We cleaned the beach up after the fireworks and again in the morning. It is the cleanest beach right after the fireworks!

Video here

Sponsor

Staff online