• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Happy Mothers Day

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
Mother%27sDaySnow-1.jpg

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
sterl_greg_0013#9434.jpg
My mother above who taught me it's nice to be nice and to be nice and to be tolerant (showing willingness to allow the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with.) of people of all kinds and colors. She brought me up going to church and was an awesome person. I still miss her very much and am thankful to have had her wisdom bestowed upon me every day.
Saints Marc & Jac.jpg

Last edited:

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
Yes, Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers. I was blessed to have a good one. Sad she had to leave so young.
upload_2018-5-13_19-25-42.jpeg

Here we were back in the day. Note the Ski Tahoe shirt.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My mom is not a skiing mom, in fact she's never had much of an adventure side, but she is a good mom and would lay down her life for any of us.
Here we are in November 1972. My mom had our picture taken (Olan Mills) as a gift to my dad when he was on a hunting trip.
You can barely tell, but I have a brace and ace bandage on my left arm because I decided I was too cool for training wheels and took my bike for a ride down the side hill by hour house. I had enough sense of adventure for all of us, broke several bones as a kid trying to keep up with and show off for my older cousins.
Happy Mother's Day mom!
*When I posted this on FB, @Doug Briggs commented on the representation of hair styles in one photo. :roflmao:
mom me and Trina.jpg

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Our family all learned to ski together in the 50's. This shot is her at Sun Valley about 1958. (You don't find jackets like that anymore)

Mom was every aspiring ski bum's dream Mother. Ski clothes were always under the tree, and she would occasionally play hooky with me and we would take off for a day at Breck or Vail in the latter 60's. We had some grand times and adventures, especially when Dad was off TDY.

Was working in Gillette, WY when I received word she was passing. Caught the first plane out of there and got stuck in the SLC Airport on a delay. The Wasatch went a glories alpenglow when the phone rang; she had just passed. Found a cup of 'delicious hot cocoa' and communed with her.

I miss you everyday Mom, someday we will make turns together again.

Mom at SV 58.jpg

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
To all those that celebrate Happy Mothers Day.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
CBSports combed the internet for a Mothers Day picture and actually pulled up one from my personal archive. This is my mother in law (Lil) and my niece, Erika, Lil's grand daughter from the Outer Banks.

1652055783995.png

Here are some more family pictures in CB

Jim-Lil's husband
6FCE81DF-8D50-4FD3-91AB-73482CDE8465.JPG
Renee-Lil's daughter and Erika's mother.
2BEB994D-32B7-4D4E-8B94-82EDACE7C098.jpeg
From same trip-
0F049972-14F1-4E27-B3D1-DF675EC1054A.jpeg

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
CBSports combed the internet for a Mothers Day picture and actually pulled up one from my personal archive. This is my mother in law (Lil) and my niece, Erika, Lil's grand daughter from the Outer Banks.

View attachment 168762

Here are some more family pictures in CB

Jim-Lil's husband
View attachment 168763
Renee-Lil's daughter and Erika's mother.
View attachment 168764
From same trip-
View attachment 168765
The Outer Banks, NC are a great place to visit. My cousin grew up in Kitty Hawk and I have spent some time fishing off the beach in Nags Head. Never needed my CB jacket when down there but have not been there in cold weather.