• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Harley-Davidson

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
I’ve got it down to 4 in my head: Fatboy, Softail Deluxe, Street Glide and Road King Special.

I believe the Deluxe is in its final year of production. It's a favorite of mine. Here's a review.

If I'm not mistaken, the Fatboy and Deluxe are on the softail chassis, which is a bit smaller and lighter than the touring chassis Street Glide and Road King Special. At your size the SG and RKS sound ideal.

TS
C

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I believe the Deluxe is in its final year of production. It's a favorite of mine. Here's a review.

If I'm not mistaken, the Fatboy and Deluxe are on the softail chassis, which is a bit smaller and lighter than the touring chassis Street Glide and Road King Special. At your size the SG and RKS sound ideal.

The Deluxe, Fatboy and Heritage Classic are all 3 on softail frames.

Rod MacDonald

Getting off the lift
Skier
It's not about the engineering. Missing the entire point..
There's literally nothing to recommend them . Slow, heavy, unreliable,posers and mid life crisis bike only. Even when they took the engine and put it in a modern frame and cycleparts (buell) it only served to accentuate how crap the engine was.
It is better than no bike, but thats about it.
Oh, i forgot - ludicrously expensive too.

Last edited:

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
There's literally nothing to recommend them . Slow, heavy, unreliable,posers and mid life crisis bike only. Even when they took the engine and put it in a modern frame and cycleparts (buell) it only served to accentuate how crap the engine was.
It is better than no bike, but thats about it.
Oh, i forgot - ludicrously expensive too.

LOL.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
You mean an Indian? :duck:
Nope..

1600039210764.png

End thread LOL.. This is why almost everyone my age give or take 10 years wants a Harley (perhaps in addition to other types of bikes).

Attachments

• 1600039185127.png
    1600039185127.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Great bikes. Same price as Harley's but refined to a point they seem to have lost some character. Made by Polaris now. A little too pretty for me.
A biker friend of mine (died last year from cancer) had a Victory, also made by Polaris, and by all accounts his bike was pretty good. Who knows I might have bought his Victory off of him in a couple of years when his bum leg would have forced him to ride a three-wheeler, but that ship has sailed. I followed the brand wondering where it would go, but as it turns out Polaris decided to concentrate on the Indian brand.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
A biker friend of mine (died last year from cancer) had a Victory, also made by Polaris, and by all accounts his bike was pretty good. Who knows I might have bought his Victory off of him in a couple of years when his bum leg would have forced him to ride a three-wheeler, but that ship has sailed. I followed the brand wondering where it would go, but as it turns out Polaris decided to concentrate on the Indian brand.

Sorry your friend passed.

Victorys were fantastic machines. A lot of people were disappointed when Polaris decided to stop manufacturing them.

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My neighbor got a Guzzi. He really likes it. Not a Harley but still a twin! It goes in his stable with a Kawasaki. I wonder about getting another bike someday but have too much else going on to get back into it.
V85-TT-Adventure-Bags-nofront.png

53x0caig.erk.png

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just always wanted one. I’ve had ATVs and dirt bikes of all shapes and sizes. My last 2 street bikes years ago were a 650 Yamaha and then a 750 Honda.

I’ve got it down to 4 in my head: Fatboy, Softail Deluxe, Street Glide and Road King Special.
Fair enough. Then your choice depends on what you want your use to be, and your experience. Street, cruiser, touring...

I ride a Triumph Bonneville because I just wanted one. Couldn’t be happier with it. Follow your dream. I’ve ridden a good friend’s Sportster and it was fine...as long as I was going straight. I’m more of a medium build tho.
ED60C488-5EC1-4522-9612-E629E802C005.jpeg

Last edited:

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Fair enough. Then your choice depends on what you want your use to be, and your experience. Street, cruiser, touring...

I ride a Triumph Bonneville because I just wanted one. Couldn’t be happier with it. Follow your dream. I’ve ridden a good friend’s Sportster and it was fine...as long as I was going straight. I’m more of a medium build tho.
My buddy has a Thruxton..better than I thought it'd be..couldn't ride it for more than 30 mins and complete junk compared to what I'd normally be riding. But he loves it..and I get it. Whatever makes you have joy in a tough world, man, just lean on it and go.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My buddy has a Thruxton..better than I thought it'd be..couldn't ride it for more than 30 mins and complete junk compared to what I'd normally be riding. But he loves it..and I get it. Whatever makes you have joy in a tough world, man, just lean on it and go.
Dude, my Bonnie is tight. What do you ride?

Bobalooski

Getting off the lift
Inactive

I ride a Triumph Bonneville because I just wanted one. Couldn’t be happier with it. Follow your dream. I’ve ridden a good friend’s Sportster and it was fine...as long as I was going straight. I’m more of a medium build tho. View attachment 110107
Was my first bike.

Sponsor