• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Harley-Davidson

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Dude, my Bonnie is tight. What do you ride?
Sorry sorry!! No offence! :ogbiggrin: I ride nothing now...but at that time Yamaha R6 and various track day bikes. Honestly, the Thruxton was pretty solid overall, very much a modern bike. Just not...the same..as what I was used to.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry sorry!! No offence! :ogbiggrin: I ride nothing now...but at that time Yamaha R6 and various track day bikes. Honestly, the Thruxton was pretty solid overall, very much a modern bike. Just not...the same..as what I was used to.
:ogbiggrin:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I think I'm done..went from doing 260kmh on the back straight at Mosport to doing 110kh in the right lane in an Outback with 2 baby seats! :geek: What the hell happened?!?! :ogbiggrin:
I also had a Hurricane 600 and a Ninja 250 for a while. Both were 87s. I can't imagine some of the beasts that are out there today.

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
Anyone have one? And which one do I want?

Ok-I haven't ridden in a while although I grew up riding. I call it my mid-life crisis, the wife says I have a death wish! Lol
I have had bikes most of my life. I got rid of my street bikes years ago. People are nuts now a days, especially people that like their phones more than me. Way to dangerous for me, and I didn't use them as daily drivers, just the casual weekend rides. Be safe and remember the rules of bikes. There are riders that haven't wrecked yet, but be ready for when and if it does happen.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
My Harley is like my favorite soft leather boots. Like a good, old, friend. When I suit up and enter garage my heartbeat rises and I am filled with warmth when I open the garage and sit on her. So comfortable. When I start her she rumbles with favorite sound. Clutch friction zone is perfect. Windshield is clear 10" and view is above that. Air ride is soft. TPMS tire temps and pressure good. 1/2 mile dirt/gravel sand hilly driveway is fun skillmaker. I bump the horn when driving by the neighbor guy I bought from. She rumbly tells me "I can go anywhere...let's go!" I get to the pavement downhill entry and she goes through her gears perfectly.

Fun to ride and kind viewers and opposing traffic give me a thumbs up or wave. Bikes are wonderful stress relievers.

Mine is a 2000 88inch TwinCam upgraded to 95inch with cylinders, heads, tune and pipes. Runs like a race horse. Words escape me as to how big a blast it is. :)

Take that, Harley haters. :)

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
20200801_211140.jpg
20200724_190116.jpg
20200801_211156.jpg

20200720_183812.jpg

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Mine is a '78 Shovelhead chopper built by real outlaw bikers out of mostly stolen parts.
Your Bagger is cool but if you think it is fast you are dreaming.

Dream come true !
(Not Hayabusa fast but faster than stock, including Milwaukee 8's). Previous bikes KZ1300, LTD 1000, H2 Kowie triple. She is fast for what she is.

Last edited:
TS
C

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have had bikes most of my life. I got rid of my street bikes years ago. People are nuts now a days, especially people that like their phones more than me. Way to dangerous for me, and I didn't use them as daily drivers, just the casual weekend rides. Be safe and remember the rules of bikes. There are riders that haven't wrecked yet, but be ready for when and if it does happen.

Thanks for the advice, bad stuff does happen. Unfortunately I’ve put my off road bikes down quite a bit especially early in my life, both on dirt and asphalt, mostly from taking stupid chances and being careless, not to mention poorly outfitted. I do live in a fairly rural area with plenty of places to ride with little traffic so I hope that helps. That doesn’t make me immune to bad stuff happening but I hope between that and me being cautious, it will decrease the chances of something significant happening.

I know-famous last words! Lol

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Thanks for the advice, bad stuff does happen. Unfortunately I’ve put my off road bikes down quite a bit especially early in my life, both on dirt and asphalt, mostly from taking stupid chances and being careless, not to mention poorly outfitted. I do live in a fairly rural area with plenty of places to ride with little traffic so I hope that helps. That doesn’t make me immune to bad stuff happening but I hope between that and me being cautious, it will decrease the chances of something significant happening.

I know-famous last words! Lol
I live in a rural area, 50 miles from a big town. 18,000 in a town 15 miles away, 15,000 30 miles away. Most of the bikes around here are Harleys from the small towns. My closest paved road is 35 then 70mph. I feel totally safe riding around here. In the big town, Amarillo, bikes are everywhere.

Statistically most bike wrecks happen at average 24 months of riding. Complacency occurs. Always continue safety education. I don't ride at night in town and am constantly conscious of deer...common here. Only gas hard when completely safe and nobody near. I'm 59 and focusing a bunch on safety as I learn how to navigate in this awful cell-phone distracted world. So far zero mishaps or close calls. Finishing some maintenance and heading to Taos then to Summit Co for a pre-winter ride.

Rod MacDonald

Getting off the lift
Skier
My Harley is like my favorite soft leather boots. Like a good, old, friend. When I suit up and enter garage my heartbeat rises and I am filled with warmth when I open the garage and sit on her. So comfortable. When I start her she rumbles with favorite sound. Clutch friction zone is perfect. Windshield is clear 10" and view is above that. Air ride is soft. TPMS tire temps and pressure good. 1/2 mile dirt/gravel sand hilly driveway is fun skillmaker. I bump the horn when driving by the neighbor guy I bought from. She rumbly tells me "I can go anywhere...let's go!" I get to the pavement downhill entry and she goes through her gears perfectly.

Fun to ride and kind viewers and opposing traffic give me a thumbs up or wave. Bikes are wonderful stress relievers.

Mine is a 2000 88inch TwinCam upgraded to 95inch with cylinders, heads, tune and pipes. Runs like a race horse. Words escape me as to how big a blast it is. :)

Take that, Harley haters. :)
Admirable sentiments but no different to those felt by virtually every bike owner.
My bike is 25 years old, so by no means a super whizz bang tool ,still , whatever floats your boat.

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Funny, I just bought a wire feed welder for a small project, got the idea that it's time to get on a bike again and now I'm running into threads like this on all of the forums I hang out on. I was always a crotch rocket kind of guy but I'm thinking of finding a cheap vertical twin for a bare bones bobber project.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier

Needs to learn how to tie his shoes!

LOL!

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
If adrenaline is required go to Track Days or find a road course day. DO NOT BREAK LAWS or do stupid stuff on the streets. Live to ride another day. They are bigger than you so respect them. My motto.

Last edited:

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
If adrenaline is required go to Track Days or find a road coarse day. DO NOT BREAK LAWS or do stupid stuff on the streets. Live to ride another day. They are bigger than you so respect them. My motto.
QFT...I mean, the crazy stuff I've seen on the streets..I'm glad I've lived to tell the tales!! :geek:

Having said that, I've seen some deaths and damage at the track too..but your odds are definitely better...

Sponsor

Staff online