• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Head Kore ski : changes over years ?

snoroqc

Getting on the lift
Skier
Allo group, long time reader first time poster.

I tried the Head Kore 93 at a demo last years. Really love it and think it's time to refresh my old friend Blizzard Bushwacker.
Long story short, my local dealer have a brand new 2017-2018 Kore 93.. Any thought about change over the 2020 version ?

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like just new graphics. Hopefully they are selling them at discounted price too.

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
OK this is actually something I have been meaning to ask, as I have the 17/18 Kore 93 and it appears they have gone to a full vertical sidewall in recent years, whereas the original has something of a cap construction. I don't think this is just a visual thing since they now paint the vertical sidewall yellow as well. Can anyone confirm if the sidewall is in fact updated in last two years?
[Note: I have updated the bindings this off-season to new AAAttack 13 - not what it originally came with in 17/18]
7DF69AD4-62D6-4D51-8B5E-D665A20797B8.jpeg

Last edited:
TS
snoroqc

snoroqc

Getting on the lift
Skier
OK this is actually something I have been meaning to ask, as I have the 17/18 Kore 93 and it appears they have gone to a full vertical sidewall in recent years, whereas the original has something of a cap construction. I don't think this is just a visual thing since they now paint the vertical sidewall yellow as well. Can anyone confirm if the sidewall is in fact updated in last two years?
[Note: I have updated the bindings this off-season to new AAAttack 13 - not what it originally came with in 17/18]
According to others sources (blister) no change for 2018-2019 and 2019-2020. The durability of these ski should be above average due to their constructions (no wood).. Is this true ?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
According to others sources (blister) no change for 2018-2019 and 2019-2020. The durability of these ski should be above average due to their constructions (no wood).. Is this true ?
The core is wood, there is not a cosmetic topskin, hence the "Kore" model name. As far as durability, I have not seen any more (or less) breakage than any other ski in their class.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
They've added a bit of metal to the tail to protect the end of the skis to address a durability problem found in the first year of production model . A 'metal' insert/protector was added last season and has changed just slightly for 20-21 (as has the graphic), the ski hasn't changed other than that. The top sheets of the Kore series are somewhat susceptible to cosmetic damage, but haven't seen anything structural at all.

Below shows the difference in this (left) and last year's Kore 99. The 93's are built the same way.
16052831557171966681774228978452.jpg

Last edited:

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^ Yeah when I bought mine, or perhaps had them mounted, the shop guy warned me to avoid aggressively jamming the tails into the snow because they had some delam issues there. He said things had been addressed/updated, but to still take care.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
They've added a bit of metal to the tail to protect the end of the skis to address a durability problem found in the first year of production model . A 'metal' insert/protector insert was added last season and has changed just slightly for 20-21 (as has the graphic), the ski hasn't changed other than that. The top sheets of the Kore series are somewhat susceptible to cosmetic damage, but haven't seen anything structural at all.

Below shows the difference in this (left) and last year's Kore 99. The 93's are built the same way. View attachment 114740
That is nice improvement. My 105s don't have that.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Yes... I sent 3 or 4 pairs of year 1 product to Head for warranty replacement... all were patrollers or tourers jamming ski tails into the snow. Head did a great job getting everyone with an issue sorted out.

Sponsor