• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Want To Buy Head Monster 108s, 184 or 191cm (or equivalent)

JShort

Getting off the lift
Skier
I thought I had my hands in a pair of cheap monster 108s, but unfortunately the sale didn't go though. I'm still looking for a pair of cheap "old school" chargers. Does anyone have a pair they want to offload?

My short list of other options:
-blizzard bodacious 186 (the old one with no taper)
-blizzard cochise 185 or 193
-old full rocket volkl katana 191
-dynastar pro rider 192
-Nordica girish
-basically anything else that's heavy and fat and likes to go fast

I have shipping addresses in both the US and Canada, so hopefully that widens my search range. Budget hopefully under 300 CAD for now?

Thanks in advance!

singlecross

Putting on skis
Skier
191cm Movement Goliath with a 306mm bsl mount for Salomon STH at +1. 135-108-124 dimensions with a 30m radius. I prefer them to LPR and MX98 which I also own. These are backups to my primary pair of Goliaths. Good shape. $150usd+ship D2CC2461-BD08-4C64-BBB9-82D1BBD7972A.jpeg 4843887B-A360-41C5-ADFF-8C1C457E5F25.jpeg 551ABFA8-7688-4030-B810-22F71AA121FB.jpeg

pile

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier

I've seen this site in Quebec with cheap 184 Monster 108s. I have NOT ordered from them before, so I can't vouch for them. Debated them myself, just can't justify another set of boards......
Edit: After further review, might only be able to pickup in-store, could be worth the call to see if they would ship them

Outside of your budget, but if you wanted to go brand new Pro Riders, Corbetts still has some:

TS
JShort

JShort

Getting off the lift
Skier

I've seen this site in Quebec with cheap 184 Monster 108s. I have NOT ordered from them before, so I can't vouch for them. Debated them myself, just can't justify another set of boards......
Edit: After further review, might only be able to pickup in-store, could be worth the call to see if they would ship them

Outside of your budget, but if you wanted to go brand new Pro Riders, Corbetts still has some:
Funny, this is actually the sale that fell through. I called them, and they only had the 177s left :(

pile

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Funny, this is actually the sale that fell through. I called them, and they only had the 177s left :(

I thought that might have been the case, especially since it was right around your budget...
Good luck with the search!

FlimFlamvanHam

Putting on skis
Skier
seen these?

Also, Corbetts has a pair or two of 191 Mantra 102's left from '20 for $529CAD but as a Monster fan and also Mantra 102 fan the Mantra is no Monster...but it is a 191 and is a unique ski.

Last edited:
TS
JShort

JShort

Getting off the lift
Skier
So many skis I want to ski, so little money :rolleyes:. I keep looking at the discounted Pro Riders every spring, but I think they're just a bit too long to be daily drivers where I ski, and don't have enough float to be a powder ski. I have an old pair of the 100mm pro riders and their composure on rough stuff is unreal.

In a few years I'm sure I'll be looking for deals on 191 mantras and katanas haha

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
@JShort - there was a pair on TGR for sale last night

Sponsor