• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Head Raptor 140 S Pro versus 140 RS

HootSki

Booting up
Skier
I currently have the Head Raptor 140 RS which is my favorite boot I have ever owned. A local shop has the Head Raptor 140 S Pro at a great price and I'm thinking of getting them for when my 140 RS boots need replaced. I tried them on and they feel identical to the 140 RS. Other than the color they look and feel the same. Can anyone tell me what the differences are? Although I do like the white much better than the grey/black color.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
The 140S Pro does not have the Double Power Booster strap. That's a bit of a bummer, but there are after-market options to address this if that's a deal-breaker.

Note that black boots are warmer boots. White just may be the entirely wrong color for a ski boot if warmth is a consideration. Don't underestimate just how much the boot color impacts warmth.

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Note that black boots are warmer boots. White just may be the entirely wrong color for a ski boot if warmth is a consideration. Don't underestimate just how much the boot color impacts warmth.
Maybe I should spray paint my Raptor WCR4s black. So far, they’re pretty darn cold but I still need a couple more fittings.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
How has the color held up? Any concern about heating an already punched shell?

Color has held up perfectly. Huge concerns about punches. More then likely they would be reduced, if not entirely eliminated. So if you actually decided to do this, plan on some re-punching. Actually, if you can, go for grinds over punches. Grinds will always outlast any punch, but of course you don't get as much room from a grind in comparison.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
White just may be the entirely wrong color for a ski boot if warmth is a consideration
Head's WC Product Manager: Your comfort is not my concern, only results. ;)

TS
H

HootSki

Booting up
Skier
The 140S Pro does not have the Double Power Booster strap. That's a bit of a bummer, but there are after-market options to address this if that's a deal-breaker.

What is strange is that this one does have the same booster strap as the 140 RS boot. It even has a tag on the boot that says booster attached. To me the only difference I can see and feel is the color.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
What is strange is that this one does have the same booster strap as the 140 RS boot. It even has a tag on the boot that says booster attached. To me the only difference I can see and feel is the color.

Not sure what you're pointing out. The 140S Pro is missing the Double Power Booster. It's just a simple velcro strap. From: https://www.head.com/en_US/raptor-wcr-140s-pro-601011.html
  • Last: RS 1800cc
  • Shell: PU
  • Liner: WCR PRO LF
    HP frame footbed
    SL Velcro 53mm
    Adj. Tongue
  • Buckles: 4 screwed micro-adjustable Spineflex racing alloy buckles
    Racing low profile buckles
  • Features: Flex tuning
    Cuff Alignment
    Extended Toe Box
    Rear support tuning
    FIS approved sole thickness
    Flat foam wedge

TS
H

HootSki

Booting up
Skier
Not sure what you're pointing out. The 140S Pro is missing the Double Power Booster. It's just a simple velcro strap. From: https://www.head.com/en_US/raptor-wcr-140s-pro-601011.html
  • Last: RS 1800cc
  • Shell: PU
  • Liner: WCR PRO LF
    HP frame footbed
    SL Velcro 53mm
    Adj. Tongue
  • Buckles: 4 screwed micro-adjustable Spineflex racing alloy buckles
    Racing low profile buckles
  • Features: Flex tuning
    Cuff Alignment
    Extended Toe Box
    Rear support tuning
    FIS approved sole thickness
    Flat foam wedge
Oh, I see you are looking a diffrent boot than the one I'm talking about. Here is the Raptor 140 S Pro (not the WCR) that I'm refering to: https://www.sportokay.com/gr_en/head-raptor-140s-pro-herren-skischuhe.html

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Head's WC Product Manager: Your comfort is not my concern, only results. ;)

Come on, if that were true, Raptors would be RED, because.....well, you know. :ogbiggrin:

Oh, I see you are looking a diffrent boot than the one I'm talking about. Here is the Raptor 140 S Pro (not the WCR) that I'm refering to: https://www.sportokay.com/gr_en/head-raptor-140s-pro-herren-skischuhe.html

Confirmed. I ski with a guy who uses this boot, and I've seen the double booster strap with my own eyeballs.

Yesterday.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier

No wonder we've been going in circles. :)

Anyhow, this older boot model you're looking at is marked as a "140 Pro". I do think it was identical to the 140 RS that is white.

1640319945140.png

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Confirmed. I ski with a guy who uses this boot, and I've seen the double booster strap with my own eyeballs.

Yesterday.

Hey, I think I know that guy too!

I ski those grey raptor pro 140 boots from last year(with the OEM double strap). I ski them with the 130 bolt this time of the year, but last year we had ALOT of 30-40F degree days and I put in the 140 bolt then. I've got very skinny heels/ankles, and I've had to constantly work on that area with every single boot I've owned, including these raptors. I wasn't a huge fan of the liquid fit liner, but I think if I wasn't trying to make up such a large amount of volume difference around my heel that would of been a different experience. I switched to the zip fit liners, and I'm really happy with those boots. They get me down the hill alright, except as everyone knows they are freaking cold boots!!!

-Chris

ariesl

Booting up
Skier
Glad to find some owners here... Do you think this boots is too stiff for a 171cm, 70kg skier?

onenerdykid

Product Manager, Atomic Ski Boots
Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
Glad to find some owners here... Do you think this boots is too stiff for a 171cm, 70kg skier?
Maybe. Depends on how much force you put into the boot. Definitely smaller skiers skiing stiffer boots, but that offset by the forces they put into it.

TS
H

HootSki

Booting up
Skier
I lost a ton of weight since I bought these boots. I am down to 72kg now and have no problem flexing and effectively using these boots. However, I would not want them any stiffer. Now, with my Raptor B3 RD boots, even though they are a stated 120 flex, I found them stiffer then the Raptor 140 RS and Raptor 140 S Pro. For the B3s I free ski in, I softened them by cutting the shell slightly and they are so awesome now! For the B3s I use for racing/gates, I left them stock as I like the added stiffness while in a course.