• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Head rebels e-race pro vs Atomic x9s

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm likely to buy a e-Race to compliment it. Not sure which of these will become my daily driver. I've decided to bite the bullet and ski something under 70 everywhere...
I was 65 everywhere on my TC-SUs, which served most days between Baker, Whistler, and Sun Peaks; even 8"+ days. However, the days they didn't work were the breakable crust days: on a speed check, the narrow waist would just punch right through and the feet would instantly stop while the upper body kept on moving down hill. I'm banking on some Q9.8s to work better here and Peak 110s on the real bad days.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Hi all, I'd appreciate some input as I haven't skied the x9s.

I'm looking for a fun, mid radius piste ski (14-15ish m). I'm 174cm/64kg , former FIS ski racer.

I demoed a 170mm Head rebels E-race Pro last year and it was amazing, the most fun ski I've been on for just laying down arcs. I wanted to try an x9s, but I could only get in a rental x9wb, and it was not at all what I was looking for.

Many people, including those at the shop I'm buying from love the x9s (they haven't skied the E-race, to be fair), but I'm hesitant to commit since I did enjoy the E-race pro so much.

Seems like I probably can't go wrong with either, but I would love any insights

Stop look'in at the other girls at the dance. Yer done shopping.

:beercheer:

Sponsor

Staff online