• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Head Strong Instinct vs. Kore

Sarpedon

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I've been skiing the Strong Instinct 168 for a few years and really love them; I looking for a new pair and I wonder if anyone can compare it to the Kore? I'm 5'8", 150 lbs, advanced intermediate, ski mostly in east, occasional trips west in the spring.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
the Kore will be much lighter and not as aggressive. The closest Kore to your Strong would be the 87. Think about going from a Sports Sedan to an SUV, you will give up some handing (edge grip and connection to the snow) for a bit of off road capability. Now, if that is OK, pass GO and collect $200, if not reconsider maybe staying with more of a frontside ski like the eTitan or even the V8 or V10 staying in the Head family.

eok

Slopefossil
Skier
I think the Strong Instinct was like a Monster 83 but with less metal and more flex. The Kore 93 would be a very different ski - as @Philpug described.

FYI: the Head Power Instinct Ti Pro was/is the same as the Monster 83, just different graphics. Either would be worth considering as step up from the Strong Instinct - if you can find them now.

The current Head V-Shape V4 XL seems like it's in the same performance slot as the old Strong Instinct and perhaps a bit of a step up. V-Shape V10 would surely be more of a step up in performance and versatility.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January