• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Head V shape V-10 or Head monster 83X?

TS
D

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
It not the skidding but the variable snow in Colorado. Its the " amazing on groomers- soft snow is work". If I was only going to ski groomers, the curve gt would be with me all the time.

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yeah 83 underfoot is a bit narrow if you’re seeing a fair bit of snow, by today’s standards at least.

I use them as my groomer carve ski, but know they’re fine off piste in a “low tide” situation. I wouldn’t be pulling them out if I expected decent amounts of new snow.

TS
D

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
I will see soon. Just trying to tone it down just a little from the hard charging skis. Really dont understand why the Speedmachine Elite feels smaller than the regular speedmachine and the carbon

late4gates

Pride comes before a fall.
Skier
Well, I settled on the Head V-10 in a 177cm and the Nordica Speedmachine Elite ski boots.
What was the verdict? I am in almost the exact same position (and size). We now (2021/22) have Kores in 177 too, and a Kore 87. Anyone have updates?

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
What was the verdict? I am in almost the exact same position (and size). We now (2021/22) have Kores in 177 too, and a Kore 87. Anyone have updates?
I demoed the Head V10 and Kore93 a few seasons ago before deciding to get the Kore93. I found for me the V10 was more turny--quicker edge to edge; so better at short radius turns. However the Kore 93 was more stable at speed.

late4gates

Pride comes before a fall.
Skier
Hmmm. The V10 in the 177 will ski big, I am err was your size, 5'11" 200 when I skied the V10 last season and I prefered it in the 170...a length that you are feeling to be too short...which I can understand.
@Philpug You were right about the Brahma 82 skiing better @ 173, so I'm inclined to trust you on this. 5'11" 195, skiing this on afternoon groomers (90+%) for either 1) fatigue, 2) fresh or beat up snow, 3) accompanying my wife (skis 13m Black Pearls as a confident intermediate). I'm ok with - actually probably prefer - moderate speed in this application and prefer short to medium radius in general. Morning ride is Firebird Comp 76 (76mm 15m multi-radius @ 174). I'm a motivated intermediate.
Care to elaborate on your comment before I pull the trigger?

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January