• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hello from Alabama!!!

jlambo72

Booting up
Skier
Hello all! I am brand new to Ski Talk as of this week. I love reading about one of my new favorite passions! I skied some bunny slopes in my teens and went to Vail in college. Loved it! Wish I had skied more but now, at 50 yrs. young, I am getting into it. So excited! Went To Winter Park in 2021 and Beaver Creek earlier this year. In January and then in February ‘23, I’ll be going back to both! I hope to ski at least once a year as long as I can. I recently made a post for advice on skis, if you all see it and don’t mind commenting, I would appreciate it. Just want to have my own boots and skis one day, and skip the rentals. Thank you and I hope you all are well! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome to SkiTalk! Glad to hear about your excitement... I just got back from Vail and BC last weekend myself. :D

TS
J

jlambo72

Booting up
Skier
Welcome to SkiTalk! Glad to hear about your excitement... I just got back from Vail and BC last weekend myself. :D
I bet it was awesome! Looks like a lot of snow out there lately. Back in March I had a tough time at BC. Did great in my morning lesson but fell bad a couple of times. I don’t know if it was the skis I was given which I’m convinced were a 2014 model Dynastar, or the wet, chunky snow we had, or that I didn’t know the mountain well enough, but i was kinda nervous with my skills. Settled down the third day. I especially enjoyed the bachelors gulch side and dally between the 2 mountains. Even up in the red buffalo part, i had trouble on a few pitches which caught me by surprise. I’m getting better every time I go! Can’t wait for January when take my family!

Sponsor

Staff online