• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hello from Chelan, Wa.

Dr.T

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Finally retired after 35 years as a Seattle area dentist. We now live in Chelan (North Central Washington) and are looking forward to spending a lot more time on the slopes. This is a great forum, so much excellent info that I'm happily diving into. :cool: Been skiing since the early '70s....still so much to learn!

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So, going to spend your ski time at Mission, or Loup Loup? Maybe Badger?

Of course you could drive to Apex in 3 hours, or Big White in 4. Lots of options in BC.

TS
Dr.T

Dr.T

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So, going to spend your ski time at Mission, or Loup Loup? Maybe Badger?

Of course you could drive to Apex in 3 hours, or Big White in 4. Lots of options in BC.
Locally we'll be splitting our time between Mission and Loup Loup. We also skate ski here in Chelan at Echo Ridge and up in Winthrop. We used to spend at lot of time up at Sun Peaks and hope to get back there once we can travel freely over the border!

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Locally we'll be splitting our time between Mission and Loup Loup. We also skate ski here in Chelan at Echo Ridge and up in Winthrop. We used to spend at lot of time up at Sun Peaks and hope to get back there once we can travel freely over the border!
FWIW I went to Vancouver to spend a couple days last week, using the ArriveCan app didn't take anymore time or hassle to cross the border than before Covid.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Good for you Dr.T! My wife is a semi-retired dentist, and I've done a few bike races at Echo Ridge. I imagine the xc skiing is superb. Enjoy!

TS
Dr.T

Dr.T

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Good for you Dr.T! My wife is a semi-retired dentist, and I've done a few bike races at Echo Ridge. I imagine the xc skiing is superb. Enjoy!
We ride mountain bikes at Echo almost every day, the xc skiing in the winter is awesome!

TS
Dr.T

Dr.T

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
FWIW I went to Vancouver to spend a couple days last week, using the ArriveCan app didn't take anymore time or hassle to cross the border than before Covid.
We've both had Covid but have chosen not to vax.......that's the issue.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Things are changing this week. I think you need a negative antigen test 1 day before arrival by car and the ArriveCan App. But...wait a few more months.

They have snow at Sun Peaks....chair is open for snowshoe hiking..

TS
Dr.T

Dr.T

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Things are changing this week. I think you need a negative antigen test 1 day before arrival by car and the ArriveCan App. But...wait a few more months.

They have snow at Sun Peaks....chair is open for snowshoe hiking..
That would be great news!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Welcome to the party.
You choose wisely Dr.T.
Chelan has long been a favorite spot. As a kid the family would camp on Wapito Point when it was still just fruit orchards.

TS
Dr.T

Dr.T

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome to the party.
You choose wisely Dr.T.
Chelan has long been a favorite spot. As a kid the family would camp on Wapito Point when it was still just fruit orchards.
Back in the good old days!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid