• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hello from White Pass WA

backdoor

Getting on the lift
Skier
Skied a dozen times or so on the east coast when I was younger (Killington, Gunstock, Black Mt, early teens til about 2o ish) and always enjoyed it. Never close enough to a mountain to make it a regular thing. Was heavily into surfing throughout my 20's and 30's and then 4 kids slowed that down a bit. After traveling the US for 4 years with the family on the road in a motorcoach we finally settled down off Hwy 12 (White Pass Scenic Byway) and live 45 minutes from the White Pass Ski area.

My teen son and I went skiing 3 days in White Pass last year and had a blast so we bought season tickets and gear for this year and are going to try our best to be hitting the slopes for at least 30 days this season.

We have lived in the White Pass area for 5 years now and I'm glad to share any information for those headed this way winter or summer. Its an amazing area and I think it would take a lifetime to discover all the amazing places to hike and get lost up here.

-Sean

20210815_201734.jpg

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Ive skied there quite abit. My inlaws live down in the valley and I was just out riding(mtb) up lil naches today. Ive had some epic backcountry days up there by white pass. Great snowshoeing and hiking in the summer too. You down the east or wet side from the pass?

-Chris

TS
backdoor

backdoor

Getting on the lift
Skier
Ive skied there quite abit. My inlaws live down in the valley and I was just out riding(mtb) up lil naches today. Ive had some epic backcountry days up there by white pass. Great snowshoeing and hiking in the summer too. You down the east or wet side from the pass?

-Chris
@chris_the_wrench I am on the wet side :)

Lots of great bike rides both on road and off here. Its a pretty amazing place to live and the views never get old.

Have you skiied over at Crystal at all? We may have to venture out later in the season once we get all this new gear broken in. Crystal is just under 2 hours for us and looks like a neat place to check out. Will also have to make use of some of these "Powder Alliance" days of which sadly Crystal is not part of.

-Sean

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My uncle and cousin from the Tri Cities used to ski there a lot. Share pics this winter! I've always wanted to ski there--one of these days, we'll do a "dirt bag anti-resort" road trip and hit it up.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
White Pass is on the Powder Alliance. So you can ski 3 days at Mission Ridge, Timberline Lodge, Mt Hood Skibowl, Silver Mountain, and Bogus Basin -- all within a reasonable driving distance to White Pass.

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Grew up and learned to ski in the Seattle area but only ever had one day at White Pass. And that was a weather day where one mountain/run looks pretty much like the next.

TS
backdoor

backdoor

Getting on the lift
Skier
My uncle and cousin from the Tri Cities used to ski there a lot. Share pics this winter! I've always wanted to ski there--one of these days, we'll do a "dirt bag anti-resort" road trip and hit it up.
I'll be sure to take some pics and post them back here later in the season. There is an RV lost and they kept it at 50% full last year.

TS
backdoor

backdoor

Getting on the lift
Skier
White Pass is on the Powder Alliance. So you can ski 3 days at Mission Ridge, Timberline Lodge, Mt Hood Skibowl, Silver Mountain, and Bogus Basin -- all within a reasonable driving distance to White Pass.
Yippers. Looking forward to it. And if we get crazy fly to Japan :)
Its such a great deal for a season pass.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Have you skiied over at Crystal at all? We may have to venture out later in the season once we get all this new gear broken in. Crystal is just under 2 hours for us and looks like a neat place to check out. Will also have to make use of some of these "Powder Alliance" days of which sadly Crystal is not part of.

Never skied crystal. With cayuse and chinook passes closed in winter, its a long haul around from Yakima area.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
My wife grew up skiing at White Pass, but we're a bit far from there now. We have skied there a few times and will again while visiting relatives.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid