• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hello!!

MontanaMom

Booting up
Skier
Hey everyone! I've signed on to the forum to learn more and get some info on selecting new boots.

A bit about me. I live in Montana about 35 minutes from a smallish ski hill. One January when my son was 3 and my daughter was 4 I decided it would be fun to take them up for their "snow buddies" lesson that was $10 bucks for the rentals and lesson. I was just looking to get them out of the house.

They LOVED it and by the end of the session they were ready to hit the mountain on their green run. Well, I didn't know how to send them up by themselves at 3 and 4, so I took some lessons and started skiing too.

At the end of that season I bought a season pass and have skied almost every weekend since. Our season passes give us 3 days at Whitefish Mountain and Red Lodge Mountain each.

So now my son is 5, my daughter is 7. They both ski their tails off but my son TRULY loves skiing. He's basically a little fanatic. Loves the jump course, loves the harder runs, etc. So for Christmas this year I got him in the All Mountain Ski team/lesson deal. My poor daughter is a good sport. She's good, can go down black diamonds too (slowly) but she doesn't LOVE it like he does.

This weekend we went to Whitefish. It was amazing to see them cruising down the blue and black runs on the back side! I get nervous watching him with his speed and how he jumps when he finds a bump or banks up on the side of the mountain higher than I am etc.

So we're a little skiing family! I also drag them along to ice fish, troll with the boat, camp, hike, ride horses (they're a bit behind on that) snowmobile, kayak, hunt etc. We're crazy busy all the time.

So hello and thank you for those who have helped so far. And thank you for all the info on here that i.can read and learn!!

Slemers

Getting off the lift
Skier
Hey everyone! I've signed on to the forum to learn more and get some info on selecting new boots.

A bit about me. I live in Montana about 35 minutes from a smallish ski hill. One January when my son was 3 and my daughter was 4 I decided it would be fun to take them up for their "snow buddies" lesson that was $10 bucks for the rentals and lesson. I was just looking to get them out of the house.

They LOVED it and by the end of the session they were ready to hit the mountain on their green run. Well, I didn't know how to send them up by themselves at 3 and 4, so I took some lessons and started skiing too.

At the end of that season I bought a season pass and have skied almost every weekend since. Our season passes give us 3 days at Whitefish Mountain and Red Lodge Mountain each.

So now my son is 5, my daughter is 7. They both ski their tails off but my son TRULY loves skiing. He's basically a little fanatic. Loves the jump course, loves the harder runs, etc. So for Christmas this year I got him in the All Mountain Ski team/lesson deal. My poor daughter is a good sport. She's good, can go down black diamonds too (slowly) but she doesn't LOVE it like he does.

This weekend we went to Whitefish. It was amazing to see them cruising down the blue and black runs on the back side! I get nervous watching him with his speed and how he jumps when he finds a bump or banks up on the side of the mountain higher than I am etc.

So we're a little skiing family! I also drag them along to ice fish, troll with the boat, camp, hike, ride horses (they're a bit behind on that) snowmobile, kayak, hunt etc. We're crazy busy all the time.

So hello and thank you for those who have helped so far. And thank you for all the info on here that i.can read and learn!!
Welcome, this is a great online resource !

Sponsor