• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jason Robertson

Better than a 35 mph stick through the liver!
Skier
.....because no respectable ski site can operate without one, lol.
I don't wear a helmet, or even goggles at times. I like beanies and sunglasses when the conditions allow it. That being said, my son questions why I don't wear one, yet he has to. So I think I'm ready to give a helmet an honest shot. I hate the fighter pilot look. does anyone have a nice slim low profile helmet that they really like? I've been eyeballing a matte blue giro with a molded in half bill. I think they look pretty good for a helmet.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok, my complaint. I like that Giro matte blue, but they don't make it in XL.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don't wear a helmet, or even goggles at times. I like beanies and sunglasses when the conditions allow it. That being said, my son questions why I don't wear one, yet he has to. So I think I'm ready to give a helmet an honest shot. I hate the fighter pilot look. does anyone have a nice slim low profile helmet that they really like? I've been eyeballing a matte blue giro with a molded in half bill. I think they look pretty good for a helmet.

Dude? Slim low profile for that bean??o_O

Really, there are some nice helmets out there but a lot depends on the shape of your head and the size. As mdf pointed out, there are some really nice helmet choices that don't carry all the colors through the line, Giro is one of those. Have you tried the POC Fornix?

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
I've learned that black helmets sort of suck. I knew better, but....

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider

Because you say so!!!

Tell him he'll better understand how that works later in life...

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
I did the same thing with helmets — nothing until my son started to get old enough to question it. Then we bought Giros (which aren't slim/low profile, so a large-headed person who is also short looks like a bobblehead-of-death).

TS
Jason Robertson

Jason Robertson

Skier
So after reading the last few posts, WHY do parents who do not wear helmets make their children wear them?

I find this puzzling :huh:

Because non helmet wearing parents are old enough to make those decisions on their own, possibly detrimental to their health or not. Sorry but I feel that quote is kin to saying why do parents that drink alcohol not allow their children to drink. Because I'm an adult and make my own decisions. I don't like helmets, so I don't wear one. I'm allowed to make that choice, he's 8, he doesn't get a vote.

TS
Jason Robertson

Jason Robertson

Skier
I also choose to strap myself in a 200 mph rocket ship on weekends. I put that thing in the wall and there's no amount of safety equipment that's gonna save me....but that's a choice I make as an adult. No one says it's a reasonable one.

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I used to never wear one. Then one day about 8 years ago I had an argument with a tree involving my head. The tree sort of won (giant knot in my head) and I have never skied without a helmet since.

Giro will absolutely give you fighter pilot head. Its more important that the helmet fit properly. Check out the Pret or Atomic lineup.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Here to post in this very important thread.. even though it isn't legally required I choose to post here.. Don't care of anyone else, or their kids post here but I can demand my kids post here if I really want them to... or not..

Jake M

AKA Gunnerbob
Skier
So after reading the last few posts, WHY do parents who do not wear helmets make their children wear them?

I find this puzzling :huh:

I tried that. My kids called me out on it pretty quick. Now, I wear a helmet too. Lead by example, I suppose.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
low profile- check out the Scott helmets very low profile

http://www.evo.com/helmets/scott-sy..._source=googlebase&utm_campaign=EB-92679-1008

scott-symbol-helmet-dark-grey-matte.jpg

Warp Daddy

Getting on the lift
Skier
Have several of the full race variety a Briko , A Giro Streif ,A Giro Talon and a custom graphic Briko , What i wear depends on my mood and the jacket i choose to wear ... Yeah im a jacket n'helmet whore :rolleyes:

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Have several of the full race variety a Briko , A Giro Streif ,A Giro Talon and a custom graphic Briko , What i wear depends on my mood and the jacket i choose to wear ... Yeah im a jacket n'helmet whore :rolleyes:

I have 2 Salomon Prophet airs..... black/orange and Yellow..... If they only had a blue.... :daffy: (I like this emo!)

Sponsor

Staff online