• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Helmet Vanity

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, I was giving you an out. But you went for the runaway truck ramp...

Ok, no one except (apparently) your doppelgänger, would say “flip your goggles up”.
View attachment 134011
Goggles, really?

This isn’t complicated. Call it a shield if you want.
View attachment 134012
View attachment 134010
OSBE used in-mould technology to create the Light Visor, an extremely low weight helmet available in two adjustable size ranges (XSmall - Medium) and (Large - Extra Large). The integrated, removable visor provides enhanced performance on the slopes while the goggle strap on the back of the helmet allows the wearer to use goggles when needed.
———————————-

See, two separate things.
Cantunamunch is just reliving his boarding school days where he went from Latin class to Greek and Roman Mythology, then at lunch they battled with sticks and makeshift waste basket helmets out on the field.
Hmmm...memories.
Your analysiation of this reminds me of this conversation...
I think you made (whats left of) Chris's hair hurt.
D4CDE8AF-6529-4DD9-A0CC-95A80919C6C7.JPG

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Please tell me you recorded it so we can all hear it.... :ogbiggrin:
There is a short clip of the conversation. I'm not sure if I have it uploaded to anything sharable.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
That worked.... but ended too quickly! Didn't even get to the ping-pong ball headed cardboard skier:nono::D.
I noticed Phil and Tricia still have him (the ping-pong skier, not James or Chris) on the mantle.
Trying to remember who decided he needed to bend his knees....

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You guys crack me up, and it's only 7:30 AM.
Tuna seems to be related to my wife - she of the classical Roman persuasion: a casual, throw away reference from me starts a deep dive that leaves me with my jaw dropped 20 minutes later. I truly am in awe of such passion.

But, back to helmet fashion .......

James

Out There
Instructor
Lets see if this works.
Small snip that we took after we realized how "interesting" it was.
Too bad Bob wasn’t there. That’ll go till someone falls asleep. Then you have to wake them up. At some hour the brains are just gone, like being up on Mt Everest. The higher you go the less brain power is available. So it ends.

With so many people around, it’s likely Bob would’ve had the humans put in positions to make a point.

James

Out There
Instructor
Is that really based just on time, or how many beers are consumed in that time? :ogbiggrin:
The people on the floor, or those still in a chair?

If you ever wanted to see a ski helmet hit with a baseball bat then waterjetted in half-

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I noticed Phil and Tricia still have him (the ping-pong skier, not James or Chris) on the mantle.
Trying to remember who decided he needed to bend his knees....
That's right, you were there when we built him(the ping pong guy, not James). In fact I think James was your bunkmate

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Too bad Bob wasn’t there. That’ll go till someone falls asleep. Then you have to wake them up. At some hour the brains are just gone, like being up on Mt Everest. The higher you go the less brain power is available. So it ends.

With so many people around, it’s likely Bob would’ve had the humans put in positions to make a point.
So Bob....
:roflmao:

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yours is way better than this-
Which is a new low.
And I say that as one who has tried to hide behind a lift pole at Abasin in May to avoid the sun.
Well, the doc says I've got to try to keep the sun off my head and neck. A good outcome of the pandemic is I've discovered and embraced buffs (post vaccinated). I think I'll follow Shaun White and make a buff permanent.

I still want more coverage for the late season, though. Do you like this model better? :ogbiggrin:

Sporty_Cycling_Guy_1_1080x.jpg

I've seen a number of A-basin patrollers and others wearing baseball caps under their helmets for the brim. Better than nothing, but seem too hot and too little protection.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I still want more coverage for the late season, though. Do you like this model better? :ogbiggrin:

Sporty_Cycling_Guy_1_1080x.jpg

I've always thought these were stylish and imminently functional ...... and they fit right in at the Kentucky Derby/Ascot.

Sponsor

Staff online