• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Help Choosing Between Stocklis

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I look forward to trying them!

172 or 180?

And that coming from someone who regularly skis 30 m FIS GS skis? Tut, tut, tut...cmon man, you know we are all looking forward to hearing your thoughts on full fat 180 cm, WRT plate/bindings beast.

Jjmd

Putting on skis
Skier
How about a comparison between the WRT ST 180 and /or pro version, and the Head e race pro 180. I have skied the Head and find it one of the best skis of its type that I have skied. My reference points are pretty wide as I have skied i everything from Head and Fischer 35m GS, fis SLs, MX 88/89, White Outs, Dynastar speed zone 14 pro, etc..The feedback I get from the e race throughout the turn rivals anything I have been on, obviously not to the point I don’t want to ski anything else, but if, God forbid, I could only have 2 carving skis, they would be the e Race and the Fischer’s.

Juanito

Putting on skis
Skier
Laser SC- 163cm (72) Felt stiffer than AX- great at Speed, so stable- nothing to not like, but I liked the CX better

Laser CX- 163cm (69) WINNER- WINNER this really was 'my ski' from first turn I belonged on them, carved like a dream, rock solid, I loved making tight turns, big turns, left awesome railroad track skis. and FAST- The 2023’s are called Orea- green or blue woodsy top sheet- I took them out 2x just to be sure.
Bumping your good review of the 2023 Stockli up for further comment on the Laser SC vs CX.

I've seen another review saying the Laser CX feels like a narrower Laser AX. Would you agree, especially in terms of versatility (e.g., variety of turn shapes, ease in the bumps), user friendliness, and forgiveness? Is it better in this regard than the SC?

Does the CX feel stiffer than the SC?

I have 2016 Laser AX and 2016 Laser SC, which are different skis than the current generation. The 2016 SC is decidedly stiffer under foot than the 2016 AX. It excels at carving and edge grip on firm surfaces.

Did you notice a difference in edge grip between the SC and CX?

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Bumping your good review of the 2023 Stockli up for further comment on the Laser SC vs CX.

I've seen another review saying the Laser CX feels like a narrower Laser AX. Would you agree, especially in terms of versatility (e.g., variety of turn shapes, ease in the bumps), user friendliness, and forgiveness? Is it better in this regard than the SC?

Does the CX feel stiffer than the SC?

I have 2016 Laser AX and 2016 Laser SC, which are different skis than the current generation. The 2016 SC is decidedly stiffer under foot than the 2016 AX. It excels at carving and edge grip on firm surfaces.

Did you notice a difference in edge grip between the SC and CX?

Hi. I agree the CX feels like a narrower AX. I didn't have any bumps to try it in- it was frozen loose granular conditions. I did look for piles of granular to play in. The CX was just as fun as AX both are sweet skis- I'd like to own them both- the Rep said the 'turtle" shell construction is what makes them ski so well- the ski stiffens at speed- they felt similar to my Renoun Z-90's such a smooth ride-- but gotta say I thought the ride was even better on the Stocklis!

Yes, the SC felt stiffer to me- and seemed to me that it started out slow and was not as responsive at slow speed- it liked to be at speed- vs the AX/CX they start performing as soon as you're off the lift- slow speed or high speed they are easy peasy and everyone's a hero on them and if you already are a hero you become a super hero.

I didn't notice any difference in edge grip- IMO that is the Stocki feel- amazing grip and responsive- both the CX/AX were the most responsive for me. FWIW- I'm from race background and mostly ski my liberty 76w's - even in spring corn, in powder up to about 6" I like to ski fast and make a billion turns. I'm now in dilemma which to buy or both! The AX would be more all mountain ski I think and The CX was a blast on the frozen corduroy- I should probably demo them again- I was on 172's in the AX (tad long but i still loved it) and 163 in the CX- I am on 165cm for all my other skis

decisions decisions. Either ski is a GREAT Ski- Like I said the "stockli" stoke is Real - I was pleased when I went back to my Liberty's- I was really worried I'd not like them- but that did not happen , my liberties are rock solid, great edge grip and very turny. So many great skis and technology is awesome. Get them both, lol!

Juanito

Putting on skis
Skier
@ADKmel Thanks for the great response. Your comments align with my expectations and really point me to the Laser CX.

There is something special about the Stockli feel, but you already own two excellent skis. Your use of the Liberty 76Ws (groomers, spring corn, up to 6" powder) corresponds exactly with my use of the Laser AXs. I ski the same lengths as you and know you would have liked the 168 AXs better than the 173s.

Now we just need to get you on a Stormrider, perhaps the Nela 88s or 96s.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How about a comparison between the WRT ST 180 and /or pro version, and the Head e race pro 180. I have skied the Head and find it one of the best skis of its type that I have skied.

So, it seems to me that you have to ski the WRTs as well, ain't that right?

Sponsor