• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

help identifying lift ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

purposely_vague

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Does anyone recognize this lift ticket / tow ticket from a particular ski area? 5 pointed black star, light red background, some kind of additional shape inside the star. Coming here to the experts for insight on how to figure out where this is from! Apologies for the crappy image but it's all I've got.

lift_ticket.PNG

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I've never been there, but my first guess might be from Silver Star ski area in western Canada. How old is the ticket?
1610594444586.jpeg

Maybe Northstar, CA? Did you find the ticket in a location near the Tahoe Region?

Last edited:
TS
P

purposely_vague

Skier
Fair question - I intentionally didn't mention in original post to avoid a sensitive topic but I'm trying to help piece together clues about the person I watched attack police with a hockey stick at the Capitol last week.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks a little like this logo from a Museum in Hungary:

hungary (2).jpg

I live about five miles from the site of the riots. Horrible stuff.

Wonder if it could be an old item related to the MN North Stars, except not correct color?

OldJeep

Getting off the lift
Skier
Wonder if it could be an old item related to the MN North Stars, except not correct color?

Seems highly unlikely. North Stars have been gone for 28 years, and I can't recall anything that would have looked like a lift ticket.

That being said, there are plenty of folks running around with lift tickets on their jackets from the time they went skiing or tubing 5 years ago ;)

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Could it be from an ice rink?

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It doesn't have to be a logo. I know some places print words in big type on their lift tickets so checkers can recognize them without squinting to read the date. Maybe some places use graphics of the day the same way.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Seems highly unlikely. North Stars have been gone for 28 years, and I can't recall anything that would have looked like a lift ticket.

That being said, there are plenty of folks running around with lift tickets on their jackets from the time they went skiing or tubing 5 years ago ;)
Plenty of suspects wearing Dallas Stars gear these days. That was part of the Hershel Walker trade with Dallas... Vikes got Walker, Dallas got the North Stars.. Hi Yo!!!

James

Out There
Instructor
Northstar uses rfid, no?

Dallas Stars?
The 2020 Winter Classic last January featured the Stars at the Cotton Bowl. Maybe they used tickets on wickets.
Or it’s a minor league thing.

Dallas Stars
3EEFB9CE-34B0-4980-B438-16E1F2423A88.png

Texas Stars, minor league
1EA34DA5-C3B8-4592-AC07-52B88C25E731.jpeg

Dallas Cowboys

15DA6A4F-A027-444F-92D0-EB1A94B7A729.png

TS
P

purposely_vague

Skier
I was thinking this is a lift ticket because of the somewhat visible outline of the triangle wire underneath, plus the placement on the zipper pull tab of the jacket. Another big assumption is that the person might live near whatever ski area it is from, since they have this on their coat but of course it could be old. It's all a stab in the dark, for sure!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It looks very old. Also, an experienced skier wouldn't put that on the main zipper pull because it would flap around and hit them in the face when the jacket is zipped up. An experienced skier would put it on the pocket zipper or a ring on the jacket made for lift tickets. We also take them off after skiing so when we get a new one it's easier for the ticket checkers to validate the correct one. Your UnSub is someone who maybe skied once a couple years ago somewhere.

OldJeep

Getting off the lift
Skier
An experience d skier just sticks them to the side of their helmet (at least around here)

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Some resorts (before RFID) for sticker lift tickets: printed out codewords / pictures to quickly identify the ticket was valid for the day at a glance.

So the star might just be the day's secret picture rather than the Resort's Logo, and you are out of luck tying it to a particular resort.

I don't see how 1 random lift ticket from perhaps years ago is going to help to narrow down anything, other than if you spot the same guy wearing the same jacket (and then the resort part is still meaningless).

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
He’s not the type of skier to have a helmet.

Last time I had paper tickets I piled them up. Maybe 3-4 yrs ago. The stick on ones I overlapped. Dorky? Maybe. Cared not. They make an interesting sound in the wind.
Likely will never have the chance to do it again.

You could always send it to someone at SAM, or NSAA.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I tried a Google reverse image search but no hits.

James

Out There
Instructor
Also maybe snowmobile?
They use wicket tickets? I’d go with that if so. I’m trying to square nordic skiing with that, but as an Olympic gold medal winning swimmer was involved...who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online