• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Help me choose new wheels for my dorky stealth touring bike!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
That’s a proper good bike.

Have a look at the Ronde coverage again. They have a little beveled aero fitting between the stem and the head tube - and it makes the whole thing look like it's slacker than a c.a. 2012 XC bike. (Oh and typical Ridley weird sizing).

1680794321330.png

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I hear they improved a lot since Wahoo bought them. Might consider them at one point.
I had access to them Back In The Day. I liked the float but found the lack of "positive" positioning a little weird. I use the same pedals for both MTB and road so I never went to them because the MTB part scared me a bit. At this point I don't know I'll ever change again but I don't knock them.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I had access to them Back In The Day. I liked the float but found the lack of "positive" positioning a little weird. I use the same pedals for both MTB and road so I never went to them because the MTB part scared me a bit. At this point I don't know I'll ever change again but I don't knock them.

So you are on SPDs? Smart choice. Can’t say i feel enormous difference between the road pedals and the SPDs when stiff shoes are used. And then you can walk normally in the SPD shoes without people pointing fingers at you, laughing and calling you names. :roflmao: :roflmao:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
So you are on SPDs? Smart choice. Can’t say i feel enormous difference between the road pedals and the SPDs when stiff shoes are used. And then you can walk normally in the SPD shoes without people pointing fingers at you, laughing and calling you names. :roflmao: :roflmao:

No?

Of course all the group ride participants will call you gravel boy and ask you about your flannel shirts and beard, and wonder if you're even allowed to have a bright yellow anything on gravel, let alone a helmet :P

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No?

Of course all the group ride participants will call you gravel boy and ask you about your flannel shirts and beard.

Man, I hate any group forms of sportive activities. I ski solo, fish solo and ride solo. Well at least in the cases when I have a choice. Sometimes I don’t and have to endure other people.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Exhibit A... Alison Jackson's Cannondale... Is it possible? Could it be...???
View attachment 199939

Ooohhhh boooyyy:

4FE89AA0-0749-4D64-A3B4-B8E701C43F8D.jpeg

That‘s definitely one of them…

Guess the pave must be the reason.

OK, change of narative-are you going to race the Roubaix so you need a dork disc? :roflmao: :roflmao:

I have more points in my agenda but will keep them for after men’s race.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I have more points in my agenda but will keep them for after men’s race.

Shall we have the mods create the Never-Ending Dork Disc thread and leave OP's poor Diamant out of it?

Exhibit A... Alison Jackson's Cannondale...

I notice you didn't open the wheel dish can of worms ... so I will.

I contend that Jackson has more room for a disc than the others.

Last edited:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey, on a side note-don’t forget it is Hell of the North time this weekend. Mathieu for the win? Maybe.

Damn I AM GOOD!

Terrible luck for Wout tho.

Anyone here saw any dork discs on Mathieu’s bike? Or Phillipsen’s? Or Wout’s?

TS
Hankj

Hankj

Out on the slopes
Skier
You nailed it.

A few crashes in the men's, but the women's, man that they have a bunch of pile-ups. Falling off a bike already sucks, at 50kph onto gnarly cobbles must be very very not fun