• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Help me choose new wheels for my dorky stealth touring bike!

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You nailed it.

A few crashes in the men's, but the women's, man that they have a bunch of pile-ups. Falling off a bike already sucks, at 50kph onto gnarly cobbles must be very very not fun

Well it is not for nothing that this is called Hell of the North you know…
Makes you appreciate even more guys like Tom Boonen, Cancellara and de Vlaeminck. Crazy crazy hard.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You know ...if Mohoric runs a dropper for paved races, why don't Roubaix racers try shock absorber posts?

Wasn’t last year women’s Roubaix won on a Domane? Which is kinda, sorta what you are suggesting. And also there is that Roubaix bike from Specialized, not sure if anyone used it this year tho.

BTW Mohoric used a dropper post to win Milan-San Remo-hardly a paved race but perhaps for the advantage on the Cipressa and Poggio descents. Clever, seen as this is a race decided in the last 30km and these two climbs/descents are what really matters.
Matter of fact it was exactly the Poggio descent that won him the race, it was crazy. Not as nuts as Pidcock at Stage 12 but still crazy.

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I'm just going to throw in my friends don't let friends buy Huffys statement at this time... :roflmao:

Weirdly, the frame is awesome, light, responsive, with a sweet point of lateral balance that makes riding skinny features easy and descending completely natural even for zero experience riders.

I strongly suspect this frame design was copied from a premium bike company- or just plain kept after an outsourcing contract - sometime around 2010.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Weirdly, the frame is awesome, light, responsive, with a sweet point of lateral balance that makes riding skinny features easy and descending completely natural even for zero experience riders.

I strongly suspect this frame design was copied from a premium bike company- or just plain kept after an outsourcing contract - sometime around 2010.
Probably a trek or something.. all made in the same place..

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
BUT! I don’t do DH MTBing so there is that.

...or dirt jump or BMX or trials ...

when pigs fly.

;)

Screenshot_20230414-165541.jpg

Last edited:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wasn’t last year women’s Roubaix won on a Domane? Which is kinda, sorta what you are suggesting.

As well as more than a few in past years by Spartacus himself!

Sponsor