• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Help me narrow my research/demo list for a new all-mountain Tahoe ski

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Binding Q: I know Stöckli usually pairs with Warden's (perhaps for commercial reasons). However, I was looking at the Squire 11 for my wife on the Nela 88 as it seems they might be more readily available. (she's light - DIN usually 5 - boot 278). To me the salomon warden 11 (or rebranded same) vs marker squire 11 seem pretty darn similar....am I missing anything on the binding choices?
If Squire, I would err to the TPX heel which is easier to step into in mixed conditions. Otherwise either is a fine choice.

TS
laine

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
The height of the three are bout the same, 26-27mm where the retail versions are much lower, aroud 20mm but the Markers are a negative delta where the Salomon is postive. That will give you a much different feel, especially with your short 265mm BSL. If you might have felt that you couldn't quite get forward or felt that you were in the back seat, it was the binding.
Thanks @Philpug. So by positive delta - you mean the front was lower than the back, yes? I'm guessing that for non demo bindings, they all have a positive delta. You don't see any issue mounting an Attack 13 GW on any of these, do you?

I was hoping to get back on the Nela and SA (and maybe the MBs) at a minimum one more time - just waiting for some snow. We have to take our snow tires off our Jeep in a couple weeks, because we have to take a long road trip to Southern CA, so assuming we may get a storm right after we do that. ;)

Last edited:

Sponsor